How could this happen?? Crushed :(....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
That sucks.

Sounds like they were in a hurry and didn't stop for a moment to think the whole project through.

SailingMystic

5 Year Member
Chester County, PA
Neal said:
That sucks.

Sounds like they were in a hurry and didn't stop for a moment to think the whole project through.

And tourists arrive to see the nesting area...??? Don't they realize where it is? This makes me so mad... :( ...

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
How does anything like that happen. The idiot human species. Nothing screws thingS up in this world but man. Sickening, how stupid humans really are.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Why didn't they just wait until AFTER the friggin' eggs hatched and the babies were gone. Looks like they were very close to term...

What a disgusting display of human stupidity... I'm just sick over this.

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Gran Pulse
I made the human mistake of letting my 15 year old read this story over my shoulder. She is sick about this story and is crying. This is just awful and I have nothing else really to say.

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
Ugh, dang those bulldozers. I wish they would make the area off-limits if there are eggs there. Can't believe such a large amount of eggs weren't saved. They should do a better job of guarding the area.. even from stray dogs. This makes me sick to my stomach!

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
Horrible beyond words. If they knew it was a tourism/sea turtle nesting area, why the hell would they develop construction projects over it?! Hatchling turtles have to suffer at the rate of thousands for a stupid impulsive act done by humans that could easily have been avoided. God, haven't sea turtles have been put through the wringer enough as it is? THIS STORY MAKES ME F****** SICK. We need turtle advocates over there to give them a piece of our minds.

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
Absolutely horrible!!!!

Does anyone know if there are any regulations on that island against killing endangered turtle species? Is this construction company going to be penalized or do they get away with this?

tortoises101 said:
If they knew it was a tourism/sea turtle nesting area, why the hell would they develop construction projects over it?!

Money, money, money. Greedy.

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
[/quote]

Money, money, money.

[/quote]

What angers me most is that the workers didn't even feel any sympathy or have a conscience. Sons of b*****s.

MichiLove

5 Year Member
New Orleans

Money, money, money.

[/quote]

What angers me most is that the workers didn't even feel any sympathy or have a conscience. Sons of b*****s.
[/quote]

but the group noted that it happened on "the world's most densely populated leatherback nesting beach."
REALY?!? right after they say how endangered they are, thats their excuse? RIDICULOS! They say it was to protect a hotel and the nesting area from further damage. Sorry but only thing that seems to benifit from this is Mans Hotel

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
MichiLove said:

Money, money, money.

[/quote]

but the group noted that it happened on "the world's most densely populated leatherback nesting beach."
REALY?!? right after they say how endangered they are, thats their excuse? RIDICULOS! They say it was to protect a hotel and the nesting area from further damage. Sorry but only thing that seems to benifit from this is Mans Hotel
[/quote]

I don't think I can read this story again. I get too angry, sad and overwhelmed to go on as soon as I see the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.