How do they look after one year? Is sexing possible?

Pawciorc

Location (City and/or State)
Malta
Hi All!
A year has passed since I became a daddy of 4 hatchlings. Below pics of them right after I adopted them and taken today, after one year. They all started from 18-20 grams, at the moment 3 of them are 105-110, and one is over 160g!
I know its very early for sexing, but looking at their tails I would say 3 boys and one big girl. What are your opinions?
They have beed identified as Testudo Graeca Graeca, do they still looke like ones?

Old pic:

Todays pics:
Basking time

And one by one:

In my opinion the first one is a girl, and the rest are boys. For now I do not see any domination or aggression what so ever, but I am aware of possible future problems and keep my eye on them.
Ohh, and please dont tell me they look dry- I didnt wet them for the photo session, thats it :)

Lincoln Michal

5 Year Member
Your greeks look great -growing nice and fairly smooth. Keep their basking area and hides humid. I agree with you the first looks like a female and the others males. I have had one group of greeks that could be sexed before one year. Most by two or three years. Its still early as you say.

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
They look great and looks like a possible 1.3 :) BUT this could go the other way. The anal scutes are pointing at a 1.3 as it's too early to pay much attention to tails.

Pawciorc

Malta
Lets wait for another year more and see, what they will look like :D I wouldnt like to make them apart, they are in such a good symbiosis now...

Pawciorc

Malta
One of them, the last one started mating the first one and the third one. Is it dangerous in such youg age?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
One of them, the last one started mating the first one and the third one. Is it dangerous in such youg age?
Mounting may not be mating. It can be dominance - trying to persuade the other torts to leave.

You may need to separate these three.

Pawciorc

Malta
I have been browsing this forum a lot, read about dominance, both phisical and psycholigical. But if the behaviour was supossed to show one specimen's domination and teritorial reign, how would you explain their peaceful coexistence, eating together, and going all 4 to sleep under one roof tile shelter? Wouldn't the dominating, or even more, the dominated ones stay aside?
Anyway, I asked about age and possible problems if eventually the horny guy manages to score :D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
if they're not sexually mature mating won't matter one way or the other except of course terrorizing other tortoises. if you been reading the Forum threads on dominance, aggression and bullying you see the signs there.