How does he look???

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaLa (karla)

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas NV
i have had him for 8 months he eats, poops, and urinates good. I feel he should be a lil bigger though not trying to rush his growth but just wanna make sure he at the right growth for his age. im always on here reading so i do my best to maintain his temps and humidity at the right temps and provide a varied diet for him even if its store bought greens/veggies mixed with grasses i grow in doors and some calcium powder couple times a month. i bath him 2 to 3 times a week and has a big water bowl inside his house that he loves to sit in and sun bath. i take him out doors when weather permits for about 30 minutes or more every couple days. He very pampered :)
Jan 2013 i measured him 1365876966195.jpg
1365877058842.jpg
i weighed him march 2013 in oz 1365877116560.jpg
his home
1365877157025.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

EllieN

5 Year Member
SF Bay Area
What a cutie! He looks great to me. And that's quite a set-up you have there for him! Do you know what the temps/humidity measurements are in the various parts of his enclosure?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Looking pretty good. Like the enclosure too. Just so you know. The proper way to measure is the bottom shell, straight line. Do not include head. Like in this thread.
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-6948.html
Some will also lay them on their backs, that's fine too, but they don't really like being on their backs and to prevent them stressing, the way in the thread would be better.

LaLa (karla)

5 Year Member
Las Vegas NV
the right cool side temp is 80 with humidity at 80 or higher with couple of sprays thru out the day the middle area its at 60 humidity and the left side my hot side the temp is 100

EllieN

5 Year Member
SF Bay Area
You've done your research! Sounds like you're raising a fine, healthy tort!

LaLa (karla)

5 Year Member
Las Vegas NV
thanks everyone. because of all the stuff i learned here i have taught my sister in law to take care of her tortoise the proper way.

Status
Not open for further replies.