HOW FOR YOU TO DECIDE WHO YOU'D LIKE TO SEE AS A MODERATOR HERE

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Deciding on who should be moderator is NOT a popularity contest. You don't suggest your favorite person or your friend or the funniest or friendliest. According to my friend Google, here are the traits you should look for in a good moderator:

"A great online moderator fosters that social feeling through prompts, comments, and question language designed to make respondents feel comfortable, and to foster a feeling of community among the respondents as they engage with their fellow participants."

A moderator should:

• Natural curiosity. ...
  • Ease in interacting with people. ...
  • Ability to remain impartial, open, and unbiased. ...
  • Flexibility. ...
  • Strong verbal skills. ...
  • Excited about the process of discovery. ...
  • Creating comfort and trust.
You want someone who doesn't argue, but remains calm and reasonable, someone who is reachable, someone you feel you can talk to.

With this in mind, please think about your suggestions on the other thread, and make suggestions here on this thread. Names only, please and no discussion. I'd like to keep this thread clean of chatter so we can see your suggestions easily.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Someone that wants to be a mod is ZEROPILOT and I believe has voiced this before Josh even came out with the thread. Someone that wants it and has the time and knowledge should be highly considered.
I don't think someone who's only real qualification is being nice and sweet is the best quality for a forum with live animals at stake.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Toddrickf1 said yes. ZeroPilot also said yes. Taylor Tortoise did too. Also jsheffield. It's not about favorites cause all that have been suggested are my favorites and there's many many more. It's who has indicated they have the time to dedicate to it.?