How long can he go without his UV light?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyV

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Winslow AZ
I thought I had another light for Bella...but the one that was on just went out....I live in Winslow AZ....there is no place to buy such a light so I have order it....how long can she go without it????? There is a heating pad under her container and I can move my small heater towards her...but there is UV etc.....I'm ordering now...but hoe long can she go without..I could of sworn I had another one put back but can't find it anywhere....

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
RE: EMERGENCY need answer now

As long as she is warm she can go a day or two. Can you put in a standard 100 watt bulb so she can get a little basking heat while you wait for the basking bulb?

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon

This is a basking light you need, correct?

Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes etc. all carry regular incandescent house bulbs. I use a 75watt or 100watt for my basking spot. Either look around your house for one or run out the store and you'll have one today! Plus, the price is good too :)

Talka

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member

Not much of an emergency actually. Russians are pretty hardcore. She'll probably sleep a little more but that's the extent of the damage.

LadyV

5 Year Member
Winslow AZ

Thank you....I ordered one over night from Amazon.......I was so worried about her

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington

LadyV said:
Thank you....I ordered one over night from Amazon.......I was so worried about her

I love that you are so concerned about her. She is in good hands!

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri

Just so you know, Russians really don't need a heating pad, in fact I don't think they are very good for any tortoise (I may be mistaken though). As long as you keep the temperatures good, about 95 basking, 70-75 cool side and low 60's at night, all you need to do is take your Russian outside for a bit each day and everything should be fine. Russians are pretty hardy by nature and very tolerant of such problems as you are having.

Status
Not open for further replies.