How much do you think is this? :)

jptv

I saw this online and I can't afford it... :) But very rare and very beautiful! :)

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1480037580.348456.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1480037595.257752.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Because of the red eyes it's an albino.

jptv

Because of the red eyes it's an albino.

Yup, it's an albino sulcata. Upon checking the price... It's expensive than a Rolex Submariner :D like $9000.

Maybe it's due to supply and demand.

How much do you think its fair value?

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
It seems like they would have all sorts of health issues. I wouldn't want to deal with it. There's a reason why they don't livelong in the wild.

Taco*mom

I just bought 4 of them each $2500. So far they are doing very well. Currently I soak them under the morning sun and will add sunning time in a well protected outdoor cage (partially shaded) when the sun is still low. I'd like to do it around 9am for 30 minutes each day. Hopefully it will not be too bright so their eyes will be ok. So much to learn. If they are doing ok, then hopefully I'll have something worth sharing in this forum. I am just a newbie.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I just bought 4 of them each $2500. So far they are doing very well. Currently I soak them under the morning sun and will add sunning time in a well protected outdoor cage (partially shaded) when the sun is still low. I'd like to do it around 9am for 30 minutes each day. Hopefully it will not be too bright so their eyes will be ok. So much to learn. If they are doing ok, then hopefully I'll have something worth sharing in this forum. I am just a newbie.
Though very expensive, I think that $2,500 is much less than I've seen others go for.
I'm not sure that I've ever seen an adult albino Sulcata. I'll bet they are spectacular.

Fredkas

5 Year Member
I don't know about 9 a.m sun. But i sunbath mine (reg sulcata) from 7.30 to 8.30 a.m or 8.00 to 8.30 a.m every day. It's not enough. His shell get soften. I heard about low uvb index in the morning. The best is 11 a.m to 2 p.m. but it is damn hot, and 12 to 1 probably too high i don't know.
This only apply to Indonesia. You can refer to accuweather.com or similar to check on the uvb level through out the day.
Again i don't know about 9 a.m. just sharing so you can aware of it. but take a carefull feel about their shell. If it feels softer overtime. Maybe you need to do it at 10 a.m :D

Taco*mom

I just bought 4 of them each $2500. So far they are doing very well. Currently I soak them under the morning sun and will add sunning time in a well protected outdoor cage (partially shaded) when the sun is still low. I'd like to do it around 9am for 30 minutes each day. Hopefully it will not be too bright so their eyes will be ok. So much to learn. If they are doing ok, then hopefully I'll have something worth sharing in this forum. I am just a newbie

I think that caring for Albinos has been a subject of conversation before.
I'd research it soon. That's quite an investment.

I did research this forum. Unfortunately not many came up. Apparently not too many people like it here in the forum. I have seen pictures of adult albino sulcatas. Local here and US Florida's.

Taco*mom

I don't know about 9 a.m sun. But i sunbath mine (reg sulcata) from 7.30 to 8.30 a.m or 8.00 to 8.30 a.m every day. It's not enough. His shell get soften. I heard about low uvb index in the morning. The best is 11 a.m to 2 p.m. but it is damn hot, and 12 to 1 probably too high i don't know.
This only apply to Indonesia. You can refer to accuweather.com or similar to check on the uvb level through out the day.
Again i don't know about 9 a.m. just sharing so you can aware of it. but take a carefull feel about their shell. If it feels softer overtime. Maybe you need to do it at 10 a.m :D
Ooh that's a very good advice. Accuweather! Never thought about it before. So what's a good uvb number fred?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I recall seeing an albino Redfoot for $25,000!
I don't think that many keepers are into hybrid tortoises. Albinism is a naturally occurring thing, but breeding for albinism might not be highly thought of. (Breeding for other traits or colors is widespread)
I'm not sure why there isn't more information on them.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Albinoism also comes with other health issues, at least in humans so I'm thinking the same with animals. A UV meter may be essential in helping to keep these tortoises healthy.