9316A353-16A8-403C-86D0-6592F940027E.png
    526.9 KB · Views: 7

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
It is sad that people are driven to do this sort of thing. The rules have become so ridiculous that they have left no way to do it safely and people resort to this sort of non-sense out of desperation. There is no reason why a person should be able to freely carry on a small pet tortoise in a safe, leak proof container. We can carry on small puppies and kittens, so why not a pet Russian tortoise? I can understand why rattlesnakes or 15 foot pythons can not be carried on, but I can't understand why a small contained turtle or tortoise is not allowed. Makes no sense.

Shipping is risky and I can understand why people might be averse to that method. Driving is very expensive and sometimes not practical. Its a sad state we are in currently.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
That little guy looks okay, many we see smuggled don't make it or are dehydrated to the point of needing extreme measures...yeah, pretty sad state!

Can't folks claim is as a "comfort pet"? LOL I mean, with the wackiness we see....didn't we see a goat last year in the News? Someone else had an Emu for Gods sake.....those poor Flight Attendants. How do they not look someone straight in the eye and ask if they are fkncrazy?

Calm down jeff...it's okay, let them enjoy what they build, just like we did......it's their turn. Hope they can enjoy their lives as much as we have ours!

Ahhhh, to disengage and just watch it makes it kind of fun.....like watching a movie from the 80's or 90's..."Idiocy" where by the END of the movie, they finally figured out that water, makes corn grow!

We're getting there, quickly from what I can tell!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Can't folks claim is as a "comfort pet"?
No. That doesn't fly anymore... Only genuine "service dogs" are allowed now. HA! I know you see what I did there!!!

LOL I mean, with the wackiness we see....didn't we see a goat last year in the News? Someone else had an Emu for Gods sake...
I did that! I will die laughing if you saw the footage we did. It was for a group of YouTubers. I'm not sure how it all edited together, but we flew a parrot up and down the airplane aisles, the emu walked on a leash with one of them, and we also had a big albino Burmese python. This was all done at a film studio that has airplane bodies in it for filming plane interiors. I wonder if you saw a bit of that footage and thought it was real. I'm not sure how they were presenting it all, but we had a really fun shoot day, and those guys were super cool to work with. A really nice bunch of people. I didn't know how that would air or who would actually see it outside of their YT channel. It is the same emu from the insurance commercials.