How to distinguish

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
As stated in my other thread, I am going to be picking up a redfoot locally. They are supposed to be cherry heads. Wat do I ned to look for to distinguish if it is really a cherry head or a normal redfoot? What makes a cherry head a cherryhead? Is it a "morph", subspecies, different locale, etc??

chris

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wow! LOL. Not much traffic in the redfoot section. Anyone know a website I can go to to find out the differences in redfoot and cherryhead redfoot?

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
chris said:
As stated in my other thread, I am going to be picking up a redfoot locally. They are supposed to be cherry heads. Wat do I ned to look for to distinguish if it is really a cherry head or a normal redfoot? What makes a cherry head a cherryhead? Is it a "morph", subspecies, different locale, etc??

Go to Redfoots.com He has everything you need to knwow about Redfoots. I just got a "cherryhead" myself. Can you see this pictue?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 23

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
maybe try chelonia world trust

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Chris...I didn't want to imply that I got my cherry head from him...I got it from a different breeder. But his site is the most informative that I have come across so far. According to him (his name is Terry also) there is no difference between dwarf and regular redfoot. But the breeder that I got mine from said there is. The cherryhead is somewhat smaller. Time will tell. Mine is only three months old. But his instructions on feeding them are very detailed and easy to follow. I really trust this guy. Good luck and keep us posted and send pictures when you get yours.
Terry

chris

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
tions Brazilians as aka cherryheads. But refers to some of the others as guyana redfoots. If cherryheads are dwarves I don't know if I want one.lol. I like the bigger size. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.