How would.do you handle a crush?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
So I went to a taping of a T.V. show yesterday, with my uncle, mom, his daughter and her friend. Over the ourse of the day The girl developed a crush on me. She is 16 and I don't want to hurt her feelings, now how would I know she developed a crush on me, my cousin called me later that night and said she had asked a bunch of questions about me and finally told her that she liked me. I can't even begin to think of how she developed this crush from what I understand from my cousin she liked how I spent time talking to her and listening to her, and odds are I would probably see her at my uncle's family functions, I want to stress I am not considering this in any way, but I don't want to say something that would hurt her feelings. So have you ever had a crush like this? how did you handle it? what would you say to let her down without hurting her feelings.

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
"I'm flattered, and I'm sorry if I gave you the impression that I liked you, but I don't feel the that way about you. Sorry."

She's 16. She's probably going to have her feelings hurt no matter how polite you are. She will also get over it. Its part of being a teenager.

And no, I really never was the recipient of crushes. This is just what I would probably say if I did find myself in your situation.

kurmaraja12

5 Year Member
Belleville, IL
dmmj said:
So I went to a taping of a T.V. show yesterday, with my uncle, mom, his daughter and her friend. Over the ourse of the day The girl developed a crush on me. She is 16 and I don't want to hurt her feelings, now how would I know she developed a crush on me, my cousin called me later that night and said she had asked a bunch of questions about me and finally told her that she liked me. I can't even begin to think of how she developed this crush from what I understand from my cousin she liked how I spent time talking to her and listening to her, and odds are I would probably see her at my uncle's family functions, I want to stress I am not considering this in any way, but I don't want to say something that would hurt her feelings. So have you ever had a crush like this? how did you handle it? what would you say to let her down without hurting her feelings.

Don't take this.the wrong way but she's 16 and she'll probably forget about it and.think the same thing tomorrow about another guy. Don't worry so.much. when I was that age I.developed a crush on any.good looking considerate guy that paid attention to me. If she starts contacting you directly then you probably have to say something or just ignore her.

And my phone loves periods. :p

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I agree with kurmaraja12. That's just being a teenage girl. I wouldn't do anything, leave it alone unless, like kurmaraia12 said, if she contacts you directly. If you see her again at another function, left her come to you to say hi, don't go up to her. If it does present itself to where you have to talk to her keep it small talk and as soon as you can walk away with out being rued, do so. Good luck lover boy:p:D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
wellington said:
I agree with kurmaraja12. That's just being a teenage girl. I wouldn't do anything, leave it alone unless, like kurmaraia12 said, if she contacts you directly. If you see her again at another function, left her come to you to say hi, don't go up to her. If it does present itself to where you have to talk to her keep it small talk and as soon as you can walk away with out being rued, do so. Good luck lover boy:p:D

I agree. Main things is, if it does come up, be completely honest and open or else you will just be leading her on.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I agree with the above posters!! Just leave it alone unless she tries to contact you.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
So is this where I should admit I have a crush on Kelly? .. and Mike... and Steve... and Neal... and Tyler.... and... :rolleyes:

.... oops better add Mark. He got his feeling hurt on another thread where he wan't on somebody's list. :D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Jacqui said:
So is this where I should admit I have a crush on Kelly? .. and Mike... and Steve... and Neal... and Tyler.... and... :rolleyes:

.... oops better add Mark. He got his feeling hurt on another thread where he wan't on somebody's list. :D

Do we have a TFO member stalker:p:D

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Yeah! Somebody likes me!

Of course, it has to be Jacqui of all people, but I guess beggers cannot be choosers, huh?

(Apparently I am just begging for a brusing!)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Just ignore it, David. Chances are, by the time you see her again, she will have moved on to someone else. You just know that in the future you'll have to not pay so much attention to her anymore.

Niki

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Just ignore it, David. Chances are, by the time you see her again, she will have moved on to someone else. You just know that in the future you'll have to not pay so much attention to her anymore.

I defiantly agree... Just ignore it. I wouldn't say anything to her. You don't want to make her feel bad and that's just awkward. She has probably moved on already.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
If she remembers you next time, and being politely distant doesn't work, just tell her that after your nice talk last time, you think of her as a daughter.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hey, David: Aren't you the guy who's always complaining you can't find a girl? Sixteen isn't too young, you know. I was married at 17. And you're not that old either. :p

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
Well, after your political posts, I think that I have a crush on you....hahaha. My advice...listen to the mother's in the group and save yourself from the fathers (the ones with the firearms). Doc

tyguy35

5 Year Member
ontario
That is the worst when a girl crushes on you when your not looking. but when you are looking they want no part lol. But yes just be polite things should go smoothly

KimandKarasi

5 Year Member
Houston, Texas
exoticsdr said:
Well, after your political posts, I think that I have a crush on you....hahaha. My advice...listen to the mother's in the group and save yourself from the fathers (the ones with the firearms). Doc

:D :D :D haha!!!!! Nice XD

tyguy35 said:
That is the worst when a girl crushes on you when your not looking. but when you are looking they want no part lol.

Don't you know that's how women work?? Lol! ;P

Tortoise Princess

5 Year Member
Manila, Philippines
I think best thing for you to do is still be "polite" but distance yourself from the girl. And don't let the "crush thing" get into your head. I'll make you act weirder around her.

Crushes are harmless and it's actually pretty "cool" if you think about it (unless you have someone who will get jealous, a wife or gf maybe). As everybody says, it will soon pass :)

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
emysemys said:
Hey, David: Aren't you the guy who's always complaining you can't find a girl? Sixteen isn't too young, you know. I was married at 17. And you're not that old either. :p

LOL...thought the same thing, but he should definitely wait 'til she's 18...if she still has a crush on Captain Awesome at that point, he needs to find out if she can cook. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.