Say Hi to Crush :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

shesdisarming

5 Year Member
Okay, so I've been posting alot lately but I've totally neglected to introduce Crush and I. Lets see now... Crush was a present from my boyfriend of 5 years, Chris. He knew that I've always wanted a Tortoise, since I'd always talked about how it would be my next pet. So, Merry Christmas to me, there's a Russian under the tree [not literally, but figuratively]. She's a doll, I take great care of her, take her out often, and after reading on the forum about all of the different substrates, housing variations, and food types, I've become very inspired! So right now Chris and I are in the process of preparing an outdoor area for her to call home until the winter rolls around. Full sun, for at least 10-12 hours a day, what a life for a tortoise! I'll probably be planting the Russian Tort Seed Mix from Carolina Pet Supply, and if anyone has any other good suggestions for what I should plant, tell me now before I start layin' down seeds! :]

[correction: apparently i'll have to buy the Grazing Tortoise Seed Mix because the Russian Tort mix is sold out...:( ]

-Dez

CIMG0011.jpg

micki

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
uk
hi Dez and welcome to the forum.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Go to a different site to buy your seeds if they're sold out on the one you shopped at. The grazing tortoise mixture contains all grasses. The Russians don't eat the grass after it gets over 3 or 4 inches tall. There's a Mediterranean seed mixture at turtlestuff.com. Turtlecafe.com also sells seeds. Or you can see if CPS sells the broad-leaf seeds separately from the mixture.

Yvonne

shesdisarming

5 Year Member
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I'll be sure and post pics of the new enclosure as soon as its finished... or as its happening.

As for the Mediterranean mix, its officially on its way! I almost bought the UPS shipping without noticing, but it came out to like $30! so I changed it to priority and only pay $2 for shipping [i'm only about 20 minutes from where they're located].

M

Maggie Cummings

Be careful about buying seeds from turtlecafe, I ordered some and it took a month and a half to get them after many bitchy emails back and forth . She finally sent a replacement package and not one seed has sprouted, not one. I spent too much money for the quantity of seeds I got and I had to fight to get them. Then she tells Paypal that I was 'abusive'. She said she had broken a couple of ribs and couldn't get to the post office, I said I was only ordering a package of seeds not anything with any weight behind it and seeds wouldn't hurt her ribs. Then after all that the Post Office lost the package. I had to fight to get a replacement and like I said none grew. I won't ever use her again, and I won't recommend her to anyone I like...:p

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
LOL why do we always give such big sounding names to such little torts?

Status
Not open for further replies.