I have a question...

Yevo

Location (City and/or State)
Evergreen, Colorado
I am getting a horsefield tortoise but I don't know how I should have it's enclosure set up. Should I have a indoor enclosure and a outdoor enclosure or just a indoor enclosure and take the tort for walks?

Please reply if you have an opinion

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Getting hatchling or adult?
Hatchling should be in a closed chamber for the first few years with short outside time in a proper enclosure
Adult can live outside 24/7 with a heated hide for those occasional cold days and nights. If you live where there is a long cold winter, then a proper size winter indoor and proper sized summer outdoor enclosure is needed.

Yevo

Evergreen, Colorado
Getting hatchling or adult?
Hatchling should be in a closed chamber for the first few years with short outside time in a proper enclosure
Adult can live outside 24/7 with a heated hide for those occasional cold days and nights. If you live where there is a long cold winter, then a proper size winter indoor and proper sized summer outdoor enclosure is needed.
Thank you! P.s prob getting a hatchling but not sure

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I am getting a horsefield tortoise but I don't know how I should have it's enclosure set up. Should I have a indoor enclosure and a outdoor enclosure or just a indoor enclosure and take the tort for walks?

Please reply if you have an opinion
Here is the info you need. Everything is explained here, but please feel free to ask any questions: