I love taking pics of my "kids"

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
I introduced my big girl, Mithril, to my little girl, Carmine, today. (Check out the size difference in their back legs!!! WHOA! I can't imagine Carmine ever growing that big!) Of the six that we currently have, these two are my favorites, and they totally know the sound of my voice and run to me and look me in the eyes when I talk to them!
101_1919.jpg

I also put Calypso with them for a picture, to show off some of the different shell colorings. Mithril and Carmine have very round shells, the other girls I have are more oval. Wish I could have added Billy to that pic, as his is much different, but he's still on quarantine. I'll throw a pic of him on here, though... his shell is spotted!
101_1910.jpg

101_1887.jpg

Then I took a pic of the littlest girl, Elentari (at almost 4.25 inches), with Varda, who is the biggest girl at just a smidgen over 6.5 inches! Quite a difference, huh?!?
101_1927.jpg

S

squirtle

You have the most beautiful Russians! My poor guy is still a bit ragged from whatever adventure he had before turning up in the middle of Pacific Coast Highway!!!!

Keep the pictures coming they are always GREAT!!!!!

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Kelly did you see the Russian on Madison Craigslist today???

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
yes... and emailed... lol! waiting for more info, what she told me was she works at petco and he came in missing a nail and with a respiratory infection. of course that's "damaged goods" so she was able to take him home and nurse him back to health. she says he's totally healthy now, but she has dogs and not really a "tortoise" atmosphere so wants him to go to someone who can care for him.

i'm waiting on a little more info and hopefully a pic... she's not sure what gender really, and says 6 - 7" but who knows how she's taking that.

do you think that she really could take care of and cure the respiratory infection?

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
oh and if anyone else from here is really after him, i don't NEED him, but would def. take him! LOL You know how that is! I recently got a "turtle box" from freecycle that can be used as a temp. enclosure.

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Well if she did any little bit of reading and could get ahold of some meds she might have been able to treat the RI successfully. Then again it might not have been all that bad to begin with.

Ive got to get hooked up with this freecycle thing!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Your torts are just beautiful. I love that each shell is so different, just like personalities.
Keep those pics coming.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.