I RESCUED THE LITTLE FELLA

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest Washington
It is definitely a learning curve for anyone new to tortoises. The OP was open to suggestions to look for the owner and how to care for it. And that is what this forum is about! :)

Vikings Fan

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Alright, alright lets not fight over this! hahaha... I have driven by the area I found(her) for several days now since it's on my way home. I have looked for signs, even fenced in backyards that might have an enclosure, called the local police dept, as well as the local pet store (only 1) with no luck! I'm pretty sure I've done more than most would!! On another note I brought her to the vet today and they told me she was a little dehydrated and the shell has minor damage but to continue doing what I'm doing! I really do appreciate all the advice! Obviously I'm trying to do my homework on owning a tortoise! Just an animal lover is all, have volunteered at my local humane society since I was a little boy and can't stand to see an animal in trouble. So my name and number is everywhere if the TRUE owner ever does come looking!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Vikings Fan said:
Alright, alright lets not fight over this! hahaha... I have driven by the area I found(her) for several days now since it's on my way home. I have looked for signs, even fenced in backyards that might have an enclosure, called the local police dept, as well as the local pet store (only 1) with no luck! I'm pretty sure I've done more than most would!! On another note I brought her to the vet today and they told me she was a little dehydrated and the shell has minor damage but to continue doing what I'm doing! I really do appreciate all the advice! Obviously I'm trying to do my homework on owning a tortoise! Just an animal lover is all, have volunteered at my local humane society since I was a little boy and can't stand to see an animal in trouble. So my name and number is everywhere if the TRUE owner ever does come looking!

From reading this last post, it looks like you've done everything possible to find the owners. You've also spent a lot of time and money and research to find out the right care for the tort. So.......welcome to the forum, and good luck with your new pet.

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
Thank you for saving this beautiful girls life, she will be a great pet with very responsible owners. One of my girls was picked up from a bike trail. She had a new family that took very good care of her for 4 years after finding her. Now she is doing well with me and the rest of my crew of Russians. It is reasonable and responsible to save her, and to make an effort to find her original family. You have done that, so thank-you
Oh and WELCOME to TFO!

Status
Not open for further replies.