I should have had the camera setup!

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
As little Matilda(Baby EBT) matures, she faces ever-larger challenges. After seeing the sheer ferocity that she displayed after hunting down and eating a worm, I've tried to add them weekly to her diet.

Last night while mowing the lawn I found a nice 6" worm but it was more like the worm snakes that we find with its super high activity. This thing wouldn't stay in a glass!
Yes, it was really just worm but when I put in into Matilda's home, there was war!

This worm was so strong that when Matilda bit into it, it wrapped about her head and LIFTED her off the ground and flipped her over!

This only served to p*ss little Matilda off...like Rocky taking some shots to get him angry......then she went back on the attack with speed and LEARNING.....she learned how to attack one end and to avoid being flipped....pretty cool if you look past the gruesomeness of it all!

jeff

Duckster RT

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
CT New Haven.
I also get a kick out of watching them learn. My guy has a big area and he always sleeps in the same spot. Every morning when I open the door he wakes up and walks to his house. Upside down plastic cement mixing tub. It like a job. Like time to make the doughnuts!

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Funny that you mention The Doughnut guy....I actually met him up in Malvern NY many years ago. My wife' Aunt worked for the advertising firm, like a big deal there...and he came over to her home while we were there.....he thought the whole thing was a hoot.

Sorry, that's what we think about at 2am<LOL>....

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
As little Matilda(Baby EBT) matures, she faces ever-larger challenges. After seeing the sheer ferocity that she displayed after hunting down and eating a worm, I've tried to add them weekly to her diet.

Last night while mowing the lawn I found a nice 6" worm but it was more like the worm snakes that we find with its super high activity. This thing wouldn't stay in a glass!
Yes, it was really just worm but when I put in into Matilda's home, there was war!

This worm was so strong that when Matilda bit into it, it wrapped about her head and LIFTED her off the ground and flipped her over!

This only served to p*ss little Matilda off...like Rocky taking some shots to get him angry......then she went back on the attack with speed and LEARNING.....she learned how to attack one end and to avoid being flipped....pretty cool if you look past the gruesomeness of it all!

jeff
LOVE THIS!!!!
My Millie is the same way! She is a Mississippi Mud Turtle (about 3 inches long) and is missing her right front foot from an unknown predator attack when she was a tiny, wild hatchling. Her favorite foods are anything alive and wiggling!!! Like your Matilda, earthworms are her favorite. Even when find a huge worm that wraps itself around her head when she grabs it, she shoots BACKWARDS (this is all under water), dragging it with her, shaking her head from side to side and pawing at it with her remaining front foot!
These fierce little gals are SAVAGE!!!

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
Funny that you mention The Doughnut guy....I actually met him up in Malvern NY many years ago. My wife' Aunt worked for the advertising firm, like a big deal there...and he came over to her home while we were there.....he thought the whole thing was a hoot.

Sorry, that's what we think about at 2am<LOL>....
Malverne NY, you say??? Never thought I hear someone bring up Malverne on here.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
That's a beautiful town Method89, and I'm sure you are very comfortable there. They lived on Sydney Ave, a beautiful home back in the 80's when I engaged their niece.....always thought it was weird that Aunt Pat had to call the police to let them know I was parked on the street though<LOL>.

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
That's a beautiful town Method89, and I'm sure you are very comfortable there. They lived on Sydney Ave, a beautiful home back in the 80's when I engaged their niece.....always thought it was weird that Aunt Pat had to call the police to let them know I was parked on the street though<LOL>.
haha, nothing changes, we still have to do that.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

Just wondering location.... “north of Annapolis”. I’m just west of Annapolis. Of course, you might be in Bar Harbor as well!