I started planting!

peasinapod

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Switzerland
Two days ago I saw my first bee of the years, so I decided that it was time to start planting stuff for my tortoise!

I've found some seeds I didn't even know I had, including some seeds for bonsai trees. some kind of citrus and a cherry tree. We'll see if they sprout.

I've started e plants indoors, as the weather is still quite unpredictable. I've now got a whole tray of sempervivum, some chicory and a few marshmallows. I'll add centaurea and poppy soon. I. thought I still had some of the tortoise mix I used last year, but the packet was empty. :( Guess I'll have to buy some more!

in about two weeks I should see the first results!

Happy gardening to you all. :)

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
I hope everything sprouts for you! I started incredibly early indoors, even in this unpredictable weather. However, most of the seeds I planted were cold season plants (lettuces, chickweed, chicory). I just now started a few flowers and sempervivum but they're in the tortoise room where the temps are much warmer than the kitchen window sill. I've been very impatient to get planting but so far so good.

Happy gardening to you as well! :D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
peasinapod said:
.... and a few marshmallows.

:D :D I got quite the chuckle when I read that. My mind immediately went to those fluffy white marshmallows and sitting by a fire toasting them a golden brown...

peasinapod

5 Year Member
Switzerland
Jacqui said:
peasinapod said:
.... and a few marshmallows.

:D :D I got quite the chuckle when I read that. My mind immediately went to those fluffy white marshmallows and sitting by a fire toasting them a golden brown...

That's why I bought the seeds in the first place! I just wanted to be able to say that my tort loves marshmallows. :p

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
peasinapod said:
That's why I bought the seeds in the first place! I just wanted to be able to say that my tort loves marshmallows. :p

:D :D

peasinapod

5 Year Member
Switzerland
Time for an update! Some of the seeds started sprouting a few days ago. Namely the wild chicory and the sempervivum mix.

And I think my ananas might be producing "babies". :D

Attachments

• 20140304_100806.jpg
    20140304_100806.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 20140304_100609.jpg
    20140304_100609.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 20140304_100433.jpg
    20140304_100433.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 20140304_100457.jpg
    20140304_100457.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 16
Hey !! Cool ! What kind of seeds can you grow to give tortoises ?!? Also where can you get them ! Thanks

From Chlöe Essex,England

peasinapod

5 Year Member
Switzerland
Hey !! Cool ! What kind of seeds can you grow to give tortoises ?!? Also where can you get them ! Thanks

From Chlöe Essex,England

Check on here: http://www.thetortoisetable.org.uk/

I just look around in different gardening stores, if you don't find something you really want, then you can also look around on the internet. :)