I thought it was cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
La Mesa, CA.
Today I saw my first King Snake in my yard. I have lived here for nine years and seen lots of snakes in my yard, but never a King. As many of you know I don't like rattlers ( in my yard) so I was very excited to have a King Snake. Unfortunatly I think he was just passing through. He was moving fast, maybe hunting. He had black and white bands and was only about 2 feet long. Well I had to share this because my family was totally uninterested. My oldest son wouldn't even come out and see him. Am I wierd of is my family boring?:)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I can't believe your kids didn't want to see it. My daughter would have been squealing with delight. What luck that you were there to see it! He was probably out looking for love. I hope he finds it. More kingsnakes.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
My youngest came out and looked at him, he just wasn't as excited as I was. And he kept his distance LOL. I hope I get more. Do the bands going around mean it is a male? I heard around was male and length wise is female.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
My son would have been out there with a net...or whatever you use to catch them. I wish you got some pictures.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
lol I have to admit that I would feel super safe to find a snake in my yard since I live in the suburbs of a big city and we never see snakes around here :D
Next time, get pictures please, I would love to see what he looks like :)

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I got a picture but it is not a very good one. He was moving fast. Any way I can't post pix on this site. I don't know why, I can on Facebook and Craigs List( I get rid of kids stuff not animals) I just can't figure it out. I have spent hour trying:(.

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Load the pic onto a hosting site, I use photobucket, then you can copy and paste the img code :D

My dad kept a kingsnake as a pet for a year or two when I was little, we named him spot, he was the best!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Bands don't mean male or female. They have to be probed to determine the sex.

For pics, click here: http://tinypic.com/ Its really easy.

Just upload your photo and when its all done, highlight the IMG code and click copy. Then click paste when you are back in your post.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I will ask my 16 year old to help me and try again.....but if I learn how to post rix you will all be sorry LOL. I love pictures of my critters :) even my wild ones. I call them my free range pets. Mostly lots of lizards and frogs.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Angi said:
My youngest came out and looked at him, he just wasn't as excited as I was. And he kept his distance LOL. I hope I get more. Do the bands going around mean it is a male? I heard around was male and length wise is female.

No- those are two different species. For most snakes, there is no visible sign of gender.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
So do you know what the name of the one with racing stripes is? They might just have one stipe on their back and they are really fast. Not agressive at all. Not that I have ever touched one, but when they have been up aginst my house I have moved them with a snake tong or the dogs have chased them away.

Status
Not open for further replies.