Ideas for Red Footed Tortoise indoor

Kevinrrussell

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
So, I just planted clover in the indoor enclosure and three days it's growing. I just planted chicory seeds. Saturday I am transplanting wild dandelions into my enclosure. I am also soaking and washing and replanting sage, lavender plants. Right now I have zucchini plants and I know they will die in 6 months so I am planning...outdoor, Michigan summer weekend spot, DIY table garden for Stan.lee construction starts Saturday, 9 feet long 3 feet . 2 feet off ground.. flowers are all above flowers and adding Dahlia, pansies, carnations and more lavender and mint plants...cannot wait...weekend spot

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Is the table just for the plants? Im not understanding if it's for the tort too, why not build an enclosure on the ground and plant the plants in the enclosure. That way you only need a fencing of some sort around the enclosure.
I like the big variety your planting. Hope you have better luck then my hub did with his plants from seeds. Finally a good 4-6 inches tall and they all died LOL. Better luck to you.

Kevinrrussell

Michigan
Is the table just for the plants? Im not understanding if it's for the tort too, why not build an enclosure on the ground and plant the plants in the enclosure. That way you only need a fencing of some sort around the enclosure.
I like the big variety your planting. Hope you have better luck then my hub did with his plants from seeds. Finally a good 4-6 inches tall and they all died LOL. Better luck to you.
Table area, my daughter has dogs...two small and an Aussie cattledog...my English mastiff doesn't care if i say no she is awesome but she is 200lbs will not touch other then a sniff but my daughter's would.. building out pallets we saw..using fabric for inside and fabric between the slots...it should look like a flower covered mound. Red Footed tortoise...it's also full of raccoons, oppossums and cats...In the city..just a weekend getaway. Stan.lee is still just 3 to 4 inches maybe 5...so a mouth bit..carefully build it for safety

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Hi Kevin, my RFs don’t seem to care for any herbs except will occasionally munch on parsley, and will often sit under my big Curry plant which I have growing out of the cinderblock (that and other plants) which I used to fence off their garden. For indoors growing plants, herbs especially you will need a good light and lots of it. My indoor enclosure was a temporary situation so I gave up after the first year. My RFs are 3 yrs old almost now and big. Their main quarters are outside and in Texas we have plenty of sun to grow whatever we want as long as it’s heat tolerant. There are members on this forum however who have beautiful large indoor enclosures for their RFs and grow gorgeous plants. One that always comes to mind is @pfara, if you want to look up her threads you’ll see what I mean. I will try to post a link for you

Kevinrrussell

Michigan
Hi Kevin, my RFs don’t seem to care for any herbs except will occasionally munch on parsley, and will often sit under my big Curry plant which I have growing out of the cinderblock (that and other plants) which I used to fence off their garden. For indoors growing plants, herbs especially you will need a good light and lots of it. My indoor enclosure was a temporary situation so I gave up after the first year. My RFs are 3 yrs old almost now and big. Their main quarters are outside and in Texas we have plenty of sun to grow whatever we want as long as it’s heat tolerant. There are members on this forum however who have beautiful large indoor enclosures for their RFs and grow gorgeous plants. One that always comes to mind is @pfara, if you want to look up her threads you’ll see what I mean. I will try to post a link for you
Awesome Texas weather..Michigan can be chilly junes...I have to be careful u until June 15th..weather isx nuts..86 today this weekend 50? Thank you foir thge setups..