I'm going to get a RedFoot.

AnimalLady

NO, no babies, I don't trust myself and I cant house outdoors.

I'm going to make a post right now.

If I do get a Redfoot, can I ask you for advice from time to time?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
NO, no babies, I don't trust myself and I cant house outdoors.

I'm going to make a post right now.

If I do get a Redfoot, can I ask you for advice from time to time?
Certainly. There's also a big RF community right here, locally.

Turtlepete

South Florida
Babies are not really difficult. A yearling redfoot around 3" - 3 1/2", if raised right, is incredibly hardy. I keep them outdoors at that size, and bring them in temporarily when the temperature drops below 65. They thrive outdoors here in south Florida.

AnimalLady

Babies are not really difficult. A yearling redfoot around 3" - 3 1/2", if raised right, is incredibly hardy. I keep them outdoors at that size, and bring them in temporarily when the temperature drops below 65. They thrive outdoors here in south Florida.

Really? I must have read something along the way to scare me off. My biggest concern would be humidity, i know its high here, but high enough even for a baby? Its my understanding (please correct me if im wrong) that babies especially need lots and lots of humidity.

Hmm, you just changed the game a bit. Maybe i'll have more luck finding a healthy yearling.

Thank you!!

Turtlepete

South Florida
Really? I must have read something along the way to scare me off. My biggest concern would be humidity, i know its high here, but high enough even for a baby? Its my understanding (please correct me if im wrong) that babies especially need lots and lots of humidity.

Hmm, you just changed the game a bit. Maybe i'll have more luck finding a healthy yearling.

Thank you!!

They need high humidity, but this can be had in an outdoor enclosure with a little thought in the design of the enclosure. Lots of shade, plant cover, the right substrate (peat moss/top soil/cypress mulch/spaghnum moss) and frequent watering. In these conditions the ground humidity (where the tortoises are) can be very high.

AnimalLady

They need high humidity, but this can be had in an outdoor enclosure with a little thought in the design of the enclosure. Lots of shade, plant cover, the right substrate (peat moss/top soil/cypress mulch/spaghnum moss) and frequent watering. In these conditions the ground humidity (where the tortoises are) can be very high.

I can do that! I just need to find one now. Do you happen to know of anyone looking to sell a Redfoot here in South FLA?