Status
Not open for further replies.

moraima_jay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Noel, MO
hello there my friends...
after serious thought...
i will be purchasing a redfoot here soon...
i know i need to keep it moist....
so if you guys dont mind...
tell me on how to keep them...
i am experienced on box turtles...
so treat me like a total newbie and give me all the advice you need to so my new tort will live a long and healthy life:tort:

and yes i am sure i want a red foot...i even have a name for it...lol

i will wait anxiously for all your advice...
i already have a tortoise enclosure and a mercury vapor bulb..i guess i will be better off using a heat emmiter bulb...versus a regular red heat bulb...

so hope to hear from all of you

moraima:shy::tort:

well??? not even 1...LOL...oh well i guess i will cont. to wait

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Redfoots are great... Many of the members keep and breed redfoots. Congrats.

HarleyK

5 Year Member
You will not be disappointed. Mine is almost a yr old now!

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Cool! You can try the site in my sig. Even if you don't like my stuff, there is a page of helpful links that might help you find other good info.

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
You are going to love your new redfoot. There's nothing like them,in my humble opinion. I'll throw a few things out that have worked for me. Cypress mulch-it's a great substrate,able to absorb lots of water but will dry on top. Temps-mid 80's are ideal. Ambiant humidity-redfoots love humidity.80% isn't too much. If their eyes are watery,they probably need more humidity. Food-variety is the key word. Lots of fresh,washed greens-mustards,turnips,collards,dandelions are a few. Fresh tropical fruits and melons. I buy a lot of fruit from the Mexican store. Great prices on papayas,mangos,guavas,napoles,prickly pear fruit,etc. Fresh clean water in a container that the tort can climb in and out of. Sphagnum moss-great for humid hides,holds moisture well and doesn't support bacterial growth. Misting them till they drip,a few times daily,is part of my routine also.

Status
Not open for further replies.