Im new at this...Red Eared Slider help wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

smiley101aa

5 Year Member
Im new at this

Hi!!!! Today I just recently bought 2 baby tortoises from a vendor in Chinatown-- they are super cute and tiny but I want to know how to take care of them-- I'm really new at this and don't really know Anything-- so can someone please give me advice on how to feed them, clean them, and take care of their environment thanks!!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
RE: Im new at this

Hi and welcome! My eyes are old and poor, but I think I am seeing turtles not tortoises. I just can't see enough to decide what type they are. Could we see more pictures of them? Especially heads/neck shots?

smiley101aa

5 Year Member

Jacqui said:
Hi and welcome! My eyes are old and poor, but I think I am seeing turtles not tortoises. I just can't see enough to decide what type they are. Could we see more pictures of them? Especially heads/neck shots?

I can do that:) one sec:)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA

Hello and Welcome:) I have too ask. Are they from China Town in Chicago? I happen to know they illegally sell baby turtles under the 4 inch rule a lot. I have never been down there to check them out though:(

smiley101aa

5 Year Member

wellington said:
Hello and Welcome:) I have too ask. Are they from China Town in Chicago? I happen to know they illegally sell baby turtles under the 4 inch rule a lot. I have never been down there to check them out though:(

No no I am in LA California :)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

I think I saw on another post you did, that they have a red stripe by their eye? That would make me believe you have red eared sliders.

smiley101aa

5 Year Member
Here are the pics

Hi! Here are the pics

Attachments

• image-3258497161.png
    image-3258497161.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
  • image-1951732289.png
    image-1951732289.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 25

smiley101aa

5 Year Member

Jacqui said:
I think I saw on another post you did, that they have a red stripe by their eye? That would make me believe you have red eared sliders.

Yes ! I had a feeling but wasn't quite sure--cause I researched and saw pics of the red eared sliders and they looked quite similar

Jacqui said:

Do you know anything I can do to take care of them??? :)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
After seeing the pictures, yes they are RES. I am going to move this into the water turtle section for better help.

turtlebrad

5 Year Member
Welcome. A red eared slider isnt a tortoise, but a water turtle. There encloser if they are babys can be rather small but rember they will grow, they like to swim but also need a place they can climb out and bask, they will need a heat lamp other the basking area, also known as uva light, also uvb light is needed for proper growth. Its also good to put calsium bones in the water. And for food ive always had good luck with reptimin and shrimp. But each turtle is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.