In Memoriam

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
I'd like to take a moment to post about my best buddy, Chester who got I'll and had to be put to sleep a few weeks ago.
He was very important to me and we had a 15 year run...
Here is a puppy photo and the last photo ever taken...from the vets office. Also a photo of the box with his remains. I still haven't been able to deal with that part..
Thanks for viewing.
Chester 2000-2015

I cannot even explain ... but I know how you feel and I am soooo sorry for your loss.
Just reading the post makes me feel the pains all over again.
Please know you and your pet are in my heart and my prayers..❤️?

mylittlecholla

Fillmore, California
MCTLONG WROTE THIS AFTER DAVID'S RAINBOW BRIDGE THREAD, AND I'VE MERGED THE TWO, BUT MCTLONG'S WAS FURTHER DOWN. SO I CUT IT AND MOVED IT UP HERE. THE GREEN PART IS MCTLONG'S POST:

This week I've noticed several posts about members loosing shelled family members. I don’t know about you guys, but I mourn for every last one, from the youngest hatchlings to the very old torts who have been with their owners for decades. Although I have not met most of these little torts or their owners in person, I cry almost every time I hear about one of them passing. Searching the forum, I could not find a group In Memoriam thread, so this is a thread to remember all our shelled friends who have been lost. This is a thread to post pics and memories of the shelled loved ones who have passed, offer support to their owners, and never forget how much our lives have been enriched by these beautiful creatures.

Here are some of torts that have been lost recently -

• Craig’s (@Anyfoot) beautiful homeana adult and redfoot hatchling
  • @Sweet0dodo’s tortoise
  • Maggie’s (@maggie3fan) Bob the Sulcata

:tort: Rest in Peace. :tort:

And now on to David's thread:

So I have been posting the poem rainbow bridge for awhile whenever someone loses a tortoise, I always felt bad since it seems written more for cats or dogs, as we all know we love our tortoises as much as anyone else who loves a cat or dog. So I decided to rewrite rainbow bridge for tortoises.

Just this side of heaven is a place called rainbow bridge.
When a tortoise dies who was loved by someone, that tortoise goes to rainbow bridge.
There are wide open plains and warm basking spots for all our beloved tortoises to spend all day basking in the warm sun. There is plenty of grass, and flowers, lots of warm water to soak in. Our friends are all warm and comfortable, and play together all day long

All the tortoises who have been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remembered them in our dreams of days and time gone by. The tortoises are happy and content, except for one small thing. They each miss someone very special who had to be left behind.

They all bask, and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are eager and intent, his shell starts to wiggle. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, his stubby legs carrying him over the plains, faster than they ever could in life.

You have been spotted, and when you and your tortoise meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy head rubs commence, your hands once again caress your tortoise's head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your beloved tortoise, so long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author known.
Oh boy. This is beautiful. Evokes tears of sadness, of hope, and of joy. Thank you.

mylittlecholla

Fillmore, California
I'd like to take a moment to post about my best buddy, Chester who got I'll and had to be put to sleep a few weeks ago.
He was very important to me and we had a 15 year run...
Here is a puppy photo and the last photo ever taken...from the vets office. Also a photo of the box with his remains. I still haven't been able to deal with that part..
Thanks for viewing.
Chester 2000-2015

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hopefully he's ok. Last I heard his mom, in whose house he was living, died and he was having trouble finding accomodations. He was on dialysis too. All that being the case, I imagine he probably doesn't have any way to get online.

Aunt Caffy

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Texas
We had to say goodbye to my golden retriever Heath yesterday. He was eleven years old. He seemed fine then last Tuesday he started downhill fast. He went from normal to barely being able to breathe over a six hour period. At the ER, they removed the fluid around his heart. An echocardiogram the next day revealed the tumor. We got five good days more with the treatment and some great meds. I still keep expecting to see him walk into the room. Here’s his baby picture and the last picture I took with him and his sister. 68B45ACD-D76E-44EA-B6F4-02301E0BFAE4.jpeg5C4E11A8-2C92-46B1-BFE0-CB8EAB07BD22.jpeg68B45ACD-D76E-44EA-B6F4-02301E0BFAE4.jpeg5C4E11A8-2C92-46B1-BFE0-CB8EAB07BD22.jpeg68B45ACD-D76E-44EA-B6F4-02301E0BFAE4.jpeg5C4E11A8-2C92-46B1-BFE0-CB8EAB07BD22.jpeg

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
We had to say goodbye to my golden retriever Heath yesterday. He was eleven years old. He seemed fine then last Tuesday he started downhill fast. He went from normal to barely being able to breathe over a six hour period. At the ER, they removed the fluid around his heart. An echocardiogram the next day revealed the tumor. We got five good days more with the treatment and some great meds. I still keep expecting to see him walk into the room. Here’s his baby picture and the last picture I took with him and his sister. View attachment 317776View attachment 317777View attachment 317776View attachment 317777View attachment 317776View attachment 317777
I’m so sorry for the loss of you’re precious Heath. I’m sure he is now a beautiful angel watching over you and your family. ??

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We had to say goodbye to my golden retriever Heath yesterday. He was eleven years old. He seemed fine then last Tuesday he started downhill fast. He went from normal to barely being able to breathe over a six hour period. At the ER, they removed the fluid around his heart. An echocardiogram the next day revealed the tumor. We got five good days more with the treatment and some great meds. I still keep expecting to see him walk into the room. Here’s his baby picture and the last picture I took with him and his sister. View attachment 317776View attachment 317777View attachment 317776View attachment 317777View attachment 317776View attachment 317777
That's so sad.

Radamila

Camp Verde, Arizona
MCTLONG WROTE THIS AFTER DAVID'S RAINBOW BRIDGE THREAD, AND I'VE MERGED THE TWO, BUT MCTLONG'S WAS FURTHER DOWN. SO I CUT IT AND MOVED IT UP HERE. THE GREEN PART IS MCTLONG'S POST:

This week I've noticed several posts about members loosing shelled family members. I don’t know about you guys, but I mourn for every last one, from the youngest hatchlings to the very old torts who have been with their owners for decades. Although I have not met most of these little torts or their owners in person, I cry almost every time I hear about one of them passing. Searching the forum, I could not find a group In Memoriam thread, so this is a thread to remember all our shelled friends who have been lost. This is a thread to post pics and memories of the shelled loved ones who have passed, offer support to their owners, and never forget how much our lives have been enriched by these beautiful creatures.

Here are some of torts that have been lost recently -

• Craig’s (@Anyfoot) beautiful homeana adult and redfoot hatchling
  • @Sweet0dodo’s tortoise
  • Maggie’s (@maggie3fan) Bob the Sulcata

:tort: Rest in Peace. :tort:

And now on to David's thread:

So I have been posting the poem rainbow bridge for awhile whenever someone loses a tortoise, I always felt bad since it seems written more for cats or dogs, as we all know we love our tortoises as much as anyone else who loves a cat or dog. So I decided to rewrite rainbow bridge for tortoises.

Just this side of heaven is a place called rainbow bridge.
When a tortoise dies who was loved by someone, that tortoise goes to rainbow bridge.
There are wide open plains and warm basking spots for all our beloved tortoises to spend all day basking in the warm sun. There is plenty of grass, and flowers, lots of warm water to soak in. Our friends are all warm and comfortable, and play together all day long

All the tortoises who have been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remembered them in our dreams of days and time gone by. The tortoises are happy and content, except for one small thing. They each miss someone very special who had to be left behind.

They all bask, and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are eager and intent, his shell starts to wiggle. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, his stubby legs carrying him over the plains, faster than they ever could in life.

You have been spotted, and when you and your tortoise meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy head rubs commence, your hands once again caress your tortoise's head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your beloved tortoise, so long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author known.

Attachments

• ED4AAC1F-7411-4D04-9CBB-91518C575FA3.jpeg
    ED4AAC1F-7411-4D04-9CBB-91518C575FA3.jpeg
    90.6 KB · Views: 4

Hp4Gordo

Charleston
Hopefully, it will be a while before my guy crosses the bridge (I will probably be the one looking for him on the other side) but that is so beautiful and a perfectly lovely vision of tortoise heaven.