Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
Thank you for sharing! !

kingsley

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Thank will, I will give it a shot this year , it is somewhat a challenge as I keep my incubator room at 78 during summer here in Phoenix. I am asuming the cooling stages of 21/15 Celsius is done in a refrigerator, and any idea as to humidity that is maintained during the 90 days of diapause? 80-90% RH is also higher than i expected, for the 4th stage.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Thank will, I will give it a shot this year , it is somewhat a challenge as I keep my incubator room at 78 during summer here in Phoenix. I am asuming the cooling stages of 21/15 Celsius is done in a refrigerator, and any idea as to humidity that is maintained during the 90 days of diapause? 80-90% RH is also higher than i expected, for the 4th stage.

I bought a small wine frig and it works to keep the temps required (no P. planicauda eggs) for Kinixys. The RH is 90% with an open dish of water.

kingsley

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Thanks, I do the same for Radiata and Planicauda, hopefully this season!!! they are at it now!! Last year I got ova in june. Yet to hatch one !!

Sterant

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Albany, NY
I use a small wine fridge as well for radiata diapause. I will check but I think you can set it anywhere for 60f to 65f which is roughly that 15c to 21c range.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Thanks, I do the same for Radiata and Planicauda, hopefully this season!!! they are at it now!! Last year I got ova in june. Yet to hatch one !!
I know this is old, but did you have any luck? And can I see some photos of your Planicauda?

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
I wish you success on these eggs. 2019, I'll introduce one male to the one female I have. Same with P.a.a. .

This is one group 2:2 of adults , I do have some eggs incubating at this time. They for sure are not the easiest to break diapause, keeping my fingers crossed!!