Incubator UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mid Willamette Valley, Or
Okay so i checked the incubator, and.... there is mold... kinda growing on the substright soooooo i changed it out and placed them back on new substraight, of the two eggs penelope laid one has turned off yellow a week or more ago and today i have finally gave up on it :( seeing as it had a rather large dent the went the length of the egg, and it had a wierd very small fungus looking dots on it, BUT since i was in their i candeled the other much nicer looking egg that is still egg shell colored and guesss what???? IVE GOT VIENS :) so at this point penelopes second egg is still viable :)

i guess if forgot to update you all a while back as in 6 days after penelope laid her eggs one of the new females whom is now named moostasha laid an egg in the water bowl... i noticed it in the morning she was still in the water with it... the lamp was not on and the water was cold, like wow thats cold... anyways i didnt really have much hope for it because who knows how much she moved in the water with it spinning it and such and then in the morning when i went in to grab it i spun it... like 1/3 one direction i put it back to what i thought was the top and placed it in the incubator... well even though it was 6 days after penelopes egg it too shows signs of life :) i could just make out a very faint blood vessel :) so i have two viable eggs in the incubator both from differant mommas and pappas and they both look very good :) a nice egg shell color firm no dents and both are alive :)

temp is still 80-81ish and humidity is high 85%-90%

and i suppose while im in the mood to update everyone..

i found it wierd that my new male walter was snapping at my "female" penny, well penny is as i type mating with another one of my for sure girls................................ so ................ yeah.........hmmmmm

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Congrats on the eggs.:D. Hope the stay good to hatch. Don't forget pics when they do

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
wow...so did you throw away the bad egg?...and btw...how's the new trio?

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I do hope they both make it, and thats very interesting about penny... :D

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
the new trio is, differant the male is kinda a pain but absolutly gorgeous, one female is hardly out and about and ive only seen her eat three times.... and the other is great :) lol

well yeah i disposed of it(the egg that is), it wasnt good anymore and i was a bit worried that the mold(fuzzy stuff) might have been caused by it so to preserve teh other two i removed it, im darn close to positive it had gone bad, i thought it had weeks ago but today i was 99.99999999999999999 percent sure.

cant wait to see what happens in the months to come :)

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
Have you posted pics of the new trio?....actually..i'd like to see pics of all of them......:D:tort:

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
sooooo i dont mean to make you all jelous but.... well check for a new thread named eggs eggs eggs :)

oh and jojo ill get pics up one day soon :)

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
pryncesssc said:
CONGRATS ! do u think penny is a boy ? i was a little confused on the post

well i was thinking it was weird that she was mounting another female... so i was questioning my sexing of her. as it turns out penny laid an egg Yesterday, soooo i know for sure penny is a girl i was just doubting myself after this behavior :)

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL
turtlemann2 said:
well i was thinking it was weird that she was mounting another female... so i was questioning my sexing of her. as it turns out penny laid an egg Yesterday, soooo i know for sure penny is a girl i was just doubting myself after this behavior :)

Ohh , I guess she is just an aggressive female lol maybe she is sick of the males mounting her !!

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
thats kinda what i was thinking, although this same senario can be related to what happend to jojo with her two females, of which accroding to the circumstances i was sure was a male, until the same thing happend to me :) sorry jojo lol

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
It's OK.....these turtles can make us do a double take!....Ninja keeps doing the dominating on Lefty everyday.....and Lefty is bigger!!....One day miss Ninja will get hers!...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.