Indoor enclosure plants and decorations

Spencertretter

5 Year Member
Hello everyone!

Just wanted to see what everyone uses to decorate their enclosures? Mine is looking very bare at the moment and I wanted to spice it for my little guy. Love to hear everyone's input:)

Alex Z

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NYC
I have grass griwing in .my redfoots and eastern box turtle enclosures...for the redfoots I created a jungle setting for her by using fake plants which she loves....today I will plant aloe veras in there too...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have an extensive cactus/succulent collection, so when I'm setting up a new indoor habitat I just go outside and see what I have that's in small pots. I like to choose from the jade, sansevieria and haworthia families. I also use anything in the pansy/viola family. Most ferns are not edible, but I use them too if I have some potted that will be up high enough that the tortoise can't reach the plant itself. I scrape away the substrate so I can set the pots down on the bare enclosure, then move the substrate back around the pot.

I also like to use the fake aquarium plants that have weighted bases:

mjVoZ-Z5rhIyHUEdsddI5AQ.jpg
25006076702ff24bda999b15c9d369c9.jpg

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
I'm building my new table right now, and I'm almost done. I usually wouldn't add any decorations because I'm so picky! But I finally caved because there was a buy-2-get-1-free sale on aquarium decor. Stuff finally showed up in the mail on Christmas eve.
20161224_203917.jpg