Help with indoor enclosure!

Shaybe13

Location (City and/or State)
Roanoke, VA
I have a juvenile redfoot tortoise that, although adorable, eats every single plant I put into his enclosure. He's super active and loves to explore, but his enclosure feels bare and I'm looking for some ideas! He has a warmer end with a uvb bulb and food dish, a humid hide in the middle, and a humid end with his water dish. What sort of decorations could I put in there to add more stimulation that are also tortoise safe? Any pictures would be amazing!

JoFisch

Platinum Tortoise Club
Washington
I found some drift type wood chunks to use as site barriers. My little tort climbs over them. And I have a little bridge as well as some rocks. I have a potted pothos plant that my tort nibbles but doesn’t dessimate.

Shaybe13

Roanoke, VA
I found some drift type wood chunks to use as site barriers. My little tort climbs over them. And I have a little bridge as well as some rocks. I have a potted pothos plant that my tort nibbles but doesn’t dessimate.
How big are your driftwood pieces? He loves to climb and I'm not sure what size would be safe

JoFisch

Platinum Tortoise Club
Washington
This is what I ordered. Mine are probably 7-8” long and depending on how I place them, up to 2” high. You can sink them down into the substrate

Attachments

• FF16D9FB-3949-417C-9D55-C47F36B5F7E7.png
    FF16D9FB-3949-417C-9D55-C47F36B5F7E7.png
    248.5 KB · Views: 4

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I've tried ferns, pothos, spider plants, and some other tropical plants. Unfortunately he climbs the pots and eats everything
Use bigger pots that he can't reach, or hang the plants from the ceiling so they are out of reach.

I use rocks and logs too, because I encounter the same problem as you do.