Indoor Enclosure size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hybrid

5 Year Member
Hi,

May I know if the size is okay for my single tortoise?

uAm4IEt.jpg

Length : 89.5 CM (~3 feet)
Width : 59 CM (~2 feet)
Height : 6.5 CM (~0.2 feet) ---> I will use additional height if the little fella manage to climb the border :D

This is the overall picture of the tray;

iWvvuwB.jpg

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
I don't know how big your tortoise is, but the sides are far too low in that tray in any case. Your tort will climb straight out of that.

Fifty gallon rubbermaid totes are popular first homes for small torts with an upgrade to something the size of a bookcase laid on its side as it grows more.

Hybrid

5 Year Member
JoesMum said:
I don't know how big your tortoise is, but the sides are far too low in that tray in any case. Your tort will climb straight out of that.

Fifty gallon rubbermaid totes are popular first homes for small torts with an upgrade to something the size of a bookcase laid on its side as it grows more.

I do have some indoor fence like below picture to heighten the sides.

merbau_fence.jpg

What I concern the most is the dimension :(

JoesMum said:

Found the valid source;

A habitat that is approximately 3 feet long by 2 feet wide should be the minimum size for a single Egyptian Tortoise. Providing them with a larger enclosure will keep them happy and allow you to provide them with more hiding places.

Source @ http://www.turtlesarchive.com/care-sheets/egyptian-tortoise.php

Also here;

Egyptian tortoise requires a minimum adult enclosure size of 3ft. X 2ft.

Source @ http://herp-info.webs.com/tortoise.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.