Indoor enclosure

paulste

Location (City and/or State)
UK
Hi here is my horsefield and new indoor enclosure. I realise there are still some improvements to be made - I'm hoping to get a new uvb supply (to replace spiral lamp) and heat lamp (to replace red lamp) - does anyone have any recommendations?

He came to me in a vivarium he's spent the last two+ years in. I did some research (including plenty of good reads on this forum - thank you) after watching him spend hours banging up and down the glass front and built him this new one which he seems much happier in.

His mouth on the right also concerns me slightly, could this have been damaged banging around in the viv?

Thanks all.

21b8e931-8e61-4a5c-bfb6-60b2418d34a8.jpg

670403e3-4f43-44dd-a191-6731074fe7db.jpg

13141054_10156926952195002_215882274_n.jpg

13162219_10156926983820002_1480248031_n.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Because you have that one end dedicated to being a hiding place, I would remove the other hiding place. It takes up a lot of floor space. Instead, add a few tall plastic plants to give him a more secure feel.

The beak is starting to be overgrown. Hard to say what happened on the right side, but it's ok, it'll grow back.

CharlesDarwin2.0

Because you have that one end dedicated to being a hiding place, I would remove the other hiding place. It takes up a lot of floor space. Instead, add a few tall plastic plants to give him a more secure feel.

The beak is starting to be overgrown. Hard to say what happened on the right side, but it's ok, it'll grow back.
do you have any links to some good tall plastic plants to buy?

Charlie2020

Norwich
Hi here is my horsefield and new indoor enclosure. I realise there are still some improvements to be made - I'm hoping to get a new uvb supply (to replace spiral lamp) and heat lamp (to replace red lamp) - does anyone have any recommendations?

He came to me in a vivarium he's spent the last two+ years in. I did some research (including plenty of good reads on this forum - thank you) after watching him spend hours banging up and down the glass front and built him this new one which he seems much happier in.

His mouth on the right also concerns me slightly, could this have been damaged banging around in the viv?

Thanks all.

View attachment 178566

View attachment 178570

View attachment 178567

View attachment 178569
Can I ask a question? Where is your indoor enclosure? Is it in the house or a garage or where? ( I’m trying to get my head around this for myself) Thanks:)

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Can I ask a question? Where is your indoor enclosure? Is it in the house or a garage or where? ( I’m trying to get my head around this for myself) Thanks:)
Charlie, if you'll look at the date you'll see that this thread was 4 years ago. I don't think this member is around any longer.