Indoor habitat

Alicestort

Location (City and/or State)
Sussex
Here’s a few photos of my Herman’s newly built indoor enclosure, let me know what you think and if you can see anything wrong with it or just helpful suggestions!
Thanks in advance IMG_1369.jpgIMG_1370.jpgIMG_1373.jpgIMG_1374.jpg

Minority2

Location (City and/or State)
Tortoise Hell
1. Are those halogen spot light bulbs? The amount of heat halogens and spot bulbs generate are too intense for tortoises at close ranges. Incandescent light bulbs would be the safer option. I would still suggest getting lamp fixtures so the heat will spread farther. You want your entire enclosure to be somewhat heated during the day.
2. Lighting fixtures should also be pointed directly downwards. Clamps are unreliable and will eventually break.
3. Does your tortoise use every part of the enclosure? The middle and bottom section underneath the added additional looks quite cluttered and hard to move around in.
4. Your water dish is small and not tortoise friendly. A flat plant saucer that is big enough to fit them inside is what you'll want for a water dish.
5. Does your tortoise always go find shade or do they spend a lot of time under the light fixtures? Additional hides and heating may be required for an open enclosure.