Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
The stork flew in from AZ today and look what he dropped at my place...

Last years temp sexed female hets. All 4 have a very similar split scute.
2n7eesy.jpg

... and meet Gandolf and Saruman...
f4mecx.jpg

21ajz3s.jpg

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Congrats Tom! They all are so cute. What a fun tortoise journey that's just beginning and we can't wait to hear about their continuing development. Are you housing them together?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Right now I've got the four females all together in their own big tub. They are last years babies and about 9-10 months old now, so they are a lot bigger than Gandolf and Saruman, who are just a couple of weeks old. I have the boys in separate enclosures too. I kinda don't want to put all my eggs in one basket, so to speak.

It IS going to be fun. I hope they grow up to be as awesome as Aladar.

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Oh, I forgot to mention: what great names! Did you name the others yet?

Sky2Mina

10 Year Member!
Bangkok
Wow, Gandalf and Saruman :)D) look just great. Love their color...
Hope they won't fight each other with Tortoisemagic. :D

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Tom said:
... and meet Gandolf and Saruman...
f4mecx.jpg

21ajz3s.jpg

OMG you didn't... I love you. Will you marry me?

I am the hugest LOTR NUT on the face of the planet... coupled with the white Sullies. I just can't take it. Excuse me while I go die quietly.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
TortieLuver said:
Oh, I forgot to mention: what great names! Did you name the others yet?

I haven't thought of good names for the girls yet. One of them has a distinctly different split scut than the others, so I thought I might name her Josie and the other three could be the Pussycats. Or I could name them "4 Non-Blondes", but I was never really that big of a fan.
24qtmd1.jpg

I'm open to suggestions for names for a group of four girls.:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You've really gotten into the tortoises with both feet, Tom. There seems to be no stopping you now.

The four girls look a little bit pyramided. Funny to see that on an Arizona tortoise. Maggie and I were just talking about how the Arizonans can raise up smooth sulcatas in such a dry climate.

I see another experiment in the making!

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
AWWWWWWWWWWW that's so cute.
I'm squealing at Gandolf and Saruman, especially. Their cute little faces. I always wanted an ivory!!

ADVANceNA

5 Year Member
Tom awesome pics and awesome looking herd you have there ! i love the two ivories names (a LOTR fan myself :D)

can non ivory parents have ivory children ? dumb question maybe, but im just wondering if there is an ivory gene that is not dominant in parents but can be passed on to offspring or skip generations and the non dominant ivory gene become the dominant gene. did you get these little ivory ones from somewhere else and not one of your clutches ?

hhhmmm so those are four females you have there .... did i mention that i would one day like to make einstein offspring, the whole incubation process and everything. so i would need a female in several years .....*hint* :D hahaha im pretty much 75 percent sure einstein is a male now because i guess he was so hungry last night that hand feeding was out of the question and he started ramming my hand every time id try to hand feed him. i understand thats more of a male thing. then he settled down after some, and let me hand feed him again.

congrats again good sir and wonderful pics again, i will share with the photography maestro friend i have. good day !

oh yeah suggestions on names for the females ..... i love scientists, inventors and philosophers for names but they can almost always be identified with being a male (NOT being sexist haha dont wanna step on toes) if i had a set of four females though, i'd maybe go with a disney theme. ariel, belle, cinderella, mulan, boo, etc etc. just my two cents haha

Status
Not open for further replies.