1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Introducing my cats

Discussion in 'Cats & Dogs' started by Amanda1, Oct 3, 2011.

Help Support Tortoise Forums by donating:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amanda1

Amanda1 Member 5 Year Member

Location (City and/or State):
    Plainfield, IN
    I've been meaning to put up pics of the whole family for a while, but I was finishing my graduate thesis so I'm not too broken up about it. These are my 2 cats Ashley (left) and Sprite.

[​IMG]

I got them from a local rescue about 4 years ago when they were kittens. Their main hobby is whatever I'm doing at the time...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...followed closely with getting cat hair all over my clothes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sometimes I catch them in their "synchronized sleeping" routine.

[​IMG]

And another picture of Ash because she's so pretty...

[​IMG]

I could overload the forum with more cat pictures, but I'll spare you :p. I'm going to be a crazy cat/tortoise lady when I'm older...
  2. jaizei

jaizei Unknown Member Moderator 5 Year Member

Earth
    (These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    Very nice :)
  3. dmmj

dmmj The member formerly known as captain awesome Moderator 10 Year Member!

CA
    Why wait until you are older? and nice pics BTW I like the white one with the black marks on top of her head.
  4. AnthonyC

AnthonyC New Member 5 Year Member

New York
    Awww cute kitties! What did you do your thesis on?
  5. Amanda1

Plainfield, IN
    Haha, excellent point. Anyway I already have started, just waiting until I have a bigger place to expand. I'm going to have a whole room devoted to iguanas. *sigh* I dream...

I love Ash's marking too. She looks like a turkish van cat. (I'd never heard of them until after I got her)[hr]
    My thesis is about the effects of steroids on integrin signaling. (Cell biology if you're not familiar) The response I usually get to that is "Oh....that's nice." ;)
  6. Claireabbo

Claireabbo Guest

amazing cats!! i think i just INSTANTLY fell in love with cats!!!!!! :D they are best friends! :D
  7. Amanda1

Plainfield, IN
    Yay! I love making people love cats. I've had cats since I was 3 years old and can't imagine life without them. They are wonderful creatures. Yes mine are best buddies. :) They are littermates so they've been together their whole lives.
  8. Claireabbo

Claireabbo Guest

thats amazing!! :D cats are so amazing! i have two dogs. so that wouldnt go over very well.... but once i move out i have to rescue some like you did!! :D
  9. Amanda1

Plainfield, IN
    Excellent choice :) Although I'll admit I didn't set out to rescue the kitties. I had some extra time my senior year of college so I started volunteering at the shelter. We couldn't have pets in the dorms so I needed my cat fix. Of course I found some that I couldn't leave behind when I graduated. :p

I've never had a dog, oddly enough. I always say my cats are like dogs because they follow me around, are very talkative, and run to greet me at the door when I get home from work.
  10. Claireabbo

Claireabbo Guest

yeah that would be one of my favorite things about dogs is when the greet you! :D but i have a little chiuhuahua and she is like a cat! :D and i think thats the reason i like them so much! and it was so funny so i lived in texas for like 12 years and for the first like four or five years we had like 9 dogs and two cats... well the cats would chase the dogs!! it was hilarious!! :D but not all cats are like that so i wouldnt want to risk it :) i too am planning on volunteering at a shelter sometime soon :)