Introducing My Jacoby :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TortNewbie

5 Year Member
Ok so after reading constantly on the forum. I do believe I've spent every day on here since I joined it trying to dig up everything before I actually got a tortoise. Well the day has finally come and I brought home my new little guy. Hes not a hatchling like I had wanted but personally I think I was better off the route I went. I have no idea the age or anything really about him other than hes a character and a half. Omg hes so fun to watch in his enclosure. Ps my heating and lighting issue I figured out by turning my room into a green house/sauna. Its acutally quite nice though. :D Anyway I don't have the pictures uploaded but they will be up in a very short order.

TortNewbie

5 Year Member
Picture_1953.jpgPicture_1952.jpgPicture_1951.jpgPicture_1950.jpgPicture_1949.jpgPICTURES!! and thank you Irwin :D

PS he made a mess out of his enclosure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Weda737

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NC
Oh what a pretty baby! Mine absolutely will not eat the red lettuces in his spring mix anymore, he used to at least nibble at it. Does yours?

TortNewbie

5 Year Member
Thank you Laramie :D
and Weda thats always the first thing he eats! He LOVES the red lettuces!!

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
Nice looking tort! It's hard getting my tort to eat the red lettuce.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Beautiful beautiful tort.....and the RFs here chow down the red lettuce and well...anything I put in front of them they chow down like someone is going to come by and rip it out of their mouth....:D

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
Mine literally sniffs at it then stomps over it to get to the green stuff. How can a little poop eater be picky?!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hey. Nice find. He looks healthy and in good shape. My sulcatas eat whatever their mouth comes in contact with on their food dish. They don't stop to check the color or taste first. My leopards tend to try to eat around the red or dark leafy stuff at first, but by the end of the day its all gone.

TortNewbie

5 Year Member
Thank you everyone :D
hes a major character. He decided I wasnt up early enough to feed him so he started dragging his food tray around like I caught him doing yesterday. 6:30 on the spot :p
He seems to be doing well the temps in the cool part are about 80 and in the warm part are about 95 to 100
the humidity in the entire room is about 70%
are those all about right?

Status
Not open for further replies.