Introduction!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElizaJeann

5 Year Member
Hola!
I'm Elizabeth, just got a new baby sulcata about a week ago for my birthday. Done a lot of research and can't wait to continue learning.

My sulcata's name is Peeta, not sure how old he is! But feel free to give me advice or comments!

Attachments

• Peeta.jpg
    Peeta.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome, Elizabeth!!

Be sure to read all the "important threads" at the top of the sulcata section.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome.:) the threads at the bottom of my post are great for raising a smooth sulcata. From the little I can see in the pick, I would get rid of the hay substrate and switch it out for coconut coir or cypress mulch. The hat is to dry.

ElizaJeann

5 Year Member
wellington said:
Hello and Welcome.:) the threads at the bottom of my post are great for raising a smooth sulcata. From the little I can see in the pick, I would get rid of the hay substrate and switch it out for coconut coir or cypress mulch. The hat is to dry.

Hello,
The hay is orchard grass. I thought they were allowed to eat that? I also have the coconut substrate in there, the hay is just in one corner of the encloser.

Is he not allowed to have hay?

Thanks!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
ElizaJeann said:
wellington said:

Hello,
The hay is orchard grass. I thought they were allowed to eat that? I also have the coconut substrate in there, the hay is just in one corner of the encloser.

Is he not allowed to have hay?

Thanks!

No, the hay is just fine! She just saw it in the picture and thought it was what you were using for the substrate is all. Your fine! Welcome to TFO.

Status
Not open for further replies.