Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanfordgrant

5 Year Member
Hello all,

I have a Sulcatta named Melody. I have had her since a hatch ling and she is now 5 years old. I worry about her because she doesnt have the same energy she had when she was younger.
The only thing different in her life is, a year ago a dog nibbled her shell. It was a horrifying experience for both of us and I am sure painful for her. The shell has completely healed but she does not explore outside anymore.
I do not want to miss anything obvious so I want to post pictures and let everyone tell me if she looks healthy.

Attachments

• DSCN1091.JPG
    DSCN1091.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 73

krh11b23

5 Year Member
Looks very small if I where u I would get a fecal check from a vet to rule out parasites. Mine had them and its very cheap and easy to treat.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). Does she have a secure, planted enclosure to roam in. With lots of plants for cover, she would be able to get shade and also feel more secure. Also, be sure to never let a dog near her. They never mix.

sanfordgrant

5 Year Member
I soak her once a week and she can climb in her water bowl anytime. I will do it more often. I can already tell from other posts that she is not getting enough humidity. I do need to have her checked for parasites. I will make some changes and update everyone.

sanfordgrant

5 Year Member
Dogs and turtles should never be together. I thought her enclosure was iron clad... I was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.