introductions

Status
Not open for further replies.

transtort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
RE: Welcome to Tortoise Forum .org !

Hi All,
Joined the group today so thought I'd say hello.
I have 30 torts aged from 4 weeks to 100 years old.Hope i can provide some useful info to members.

Take care,

E

Eric Narveson

Greetings All:

I have 6 Russian torts of various ages. I bought my first one in 1999, and just kept acquiring them. I have 4 females and two males. Five of my tortoises live outside all Spring and Summer (I live in the Bay Area of California). Their enclosure is 4 ft. by 22 ft. with many rocks and hide holes. Over the past 8 years I have come to understand some behaviors and reactions of my 6 different personalities.

I hope I can provide some advice for anyone interested in Russians.

Eric
Fremont, CA

A

Amy

This forum is awesome! Thanks Josh, the world needs more ppl like you. I love turts and torts!

Rees2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Santa Cruz California

Welcome to the site Amy, DEBRA MERKLE, transtort, and Eric Narveson.

natosha21

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member

Hi my name is Natosha I have a russian tortoise. His name is Soda Frog. My son got him for his 4th birthday and he got to name it and he chose Soda Frog. I have had Soda Frog for a little over a year. For the first few months he did not do much but now he is more active and has a lot of personality.
He recently has become a little too active for his cage, so we bought him a bigger one.
Can Anyone let me know a few things about these Tortoise.

1. How much heat do they need. I bought a 15 w 8.0 long bulb and a 100 w red light. is that ok. His new tank is wood so i can use his under tank heater.
Also can his bedding be the calcium sand? Or does it have to be bark?

What is the best thing for them to eat?

Thank you guys for your help

Natosha
San Bruno, CA

halfnelson

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member

So...how do you go about adding an avatar to your profile?

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA

go to your User Control Panel at the top of the page
then click "Change Avatar" on the left

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA

I like your Avatar halfnelson.
Is there a reason for the "A"?

prodepressant

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member

Hi, I have a sulcata tortoise named Chuy. He is about 8 years old.

Attachments

• chuy.jpg
    chuy.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 35

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA

i was thinking about naming one of my new hatchlings Chuy!
its a good name. welcome to tfo prodepressant! welcome to chuy too!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA

Welcome to tfo prodepressant & chuy.
chuy is a hansome tort

R

Rosey09

josh said:
Welcome to TortoiseForum.org. We strive to be the leader in tortoise (and turtle) discussions on the web, covering all topics as they are related to everything from the Cryptodira suborder. Our forums allow for in-depth and specific discussions which can be read by tortoise enthusiasts worldwide!

Register Now (it's free!)

I am Josh. I am the site admin/moderator/what-have-you. I love learning about tortoises and hope to someday have enough space to properly care for one.

Please use this space to introduce yourself (and your tortoises).

p.s. nice to meet ya!

Hi Ya to all you tortoise and turtle lovers, It is very nice to meet you all and I am looking forward to sharing many new experiences and learning lots how to take good care of my new wee pal. I am a new tortoise owner (one year old Hermann) and he is really something! I just need as much information as iI can get to make sure I give my wee fella a great life. I live in Northern Ireland and it gets really chilly here so I plan to keep him indoors over the winter months and I really do not want to hibernate him this year because I would like to get to know him. I look forward to being part of such a great forum

Rees2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Santa Cruz California

Rosey09 said:
Hi Ya to all you tortoise and turtle lovers, It is very nice to meet you all and I am looking forward to sharing many new experiences and learning lots how to take good care of my new wee pal. I am a new tortoise owner (one year old Hermann) and he is really something! I just need as much information as iI can get to make sure I give my wee fella a great life. I live in Northern Ireland and it gets really chilly here so I plan to keep him indoors over the winter months and I really do not want to hibernate him this year because I would like to get to know him. I look forward to being part of such a great forum
Welcome to Tortoise Forum.org Rosey09.Yes you should proably not hibernate him this year since he's only a baby hermans and he's(I'm guessing a pretty new tortoise?) a new tortoise.

clark

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
cape canaveral/cocoa beach florida

hello im tim i have a spur thigh named clark im not certain how old he is ive owned him for about 5 months and weigh is 7 ounces and about 4 inches wide.i have many questions and am edger to learn.i live in cape canaveral florida aka cocoa beach.i have many pics will post soon.wanting to make friends and share stories.ive done my share of research and have much more to do.I am a bit confused there is alot of false information out there on feeding habits/lighting/soaking/i am edger to learn from those who have the expierence and hands on training.please dont be shy to leave a reply or idea im all ears

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

:):) Welcome to all the new members! So great to see you all here with all your special stories to tell. Can't wait to get to know you all better!

clark

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
cape canaveral/cocoa beach florida

josh said:
Welcome to Bansh88 and Kyrazy.
I love hearing about multiple-tortoise-homes. I fully intend on adopting as many tortoises as I can manage once I have enough space for them all to happily roam.

hello josh my name is tim im a recent owner of a african spur thigh i call clark hes about 7 ounces and a joy.nice to meet u ur site is realy helpful and im happy to be a member

Status
Not open for further replies.