Received my new leopards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

myrtle651

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NYC
Just received my two leopards in the mail today. They began walking around in the setup I made right away.(wrapping paper bin) Did not receive all my supplies yet. Right now I have 1 side with bermuda grass that stays about 90 and the other end with newspaper at 78 and a low smooth rock on each end.
They were active for about 5 hours. Gave them some carrot which they ate fast. Now one is under the grass and the other on top. They seem to be sleeping. Is this what they should be doing?
When should I feed them again? Tonight,tomorrow.
Thanks, Kevin

myrtle651 said:
Josh said:
Welcome to TortoiseForum.org. We strive to be the leader in tortoise (and turtle) discussions on the web, covering all topics as they are related to everything from the Cryptodira suborder (thats a fancy way of saying tortoises). Our forums allow for in-depth and specific discussions which can be read by tortoise enthusiasts worldwide!

Register Now (it's free!)

I am Josh. I am the site admin/moderator/what-have-you. I love learning about tortoises and currently care for 2 desert tortoise hatchlings.
Please use this space to introduce yourself (and your tortoises).

I am kevin and have been reading up on tortoises for about 2 months now. I finally decide to own one. I have not received my leopord tortoises yet! Should have them on 6/8 I am all ready to go with my plastic storage bin. I have evevything set up. I am sure I will be having some question this week.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
gratz, and babies sleep a lot.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Kevin:

I feed babies every day. Some folks feed babies twice a day. I put out enough food for them in the morning, and I leave it there all day. By the end of the day its pretty much dried out and crisp, however, they'll still snack on it a bit.

When you get used to the forum's format, I'd love to see pictures of your babies.

Traveller

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
G'day, welcome to a great forum!
Looking forward to some baby pics.
I'm no expert but I find feeding at the same time each day,
whether it's twice or once a day works really well.
Not sure about feeding carrots to leopards but as I said I'm no expert.
I feed a lot of weeds, spring mix, hibiscus leaves, grape leaves, Mizuri occ.,
Zoo meds grassland occ., and hay to my older lady.

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
SE Michigan
Welcome! I feed my 14 month old Leo twice a day. Less if he gets to go outside that day because he snacks on weeds/grasses.

Just make sure that when you feed him, he has at least 2 hours after he's done eating to bask for proper digestion. So don't feed him and then shut off the lights an hour later.

As far as the carrots, keep it as a once every 3-4 week thing. You want to stick to weeds, greens and if they'll eat it, grasses and hays.

myrtle651

10 Year Member!
NYC
Traveller said:
G'day, welcome to a great forum!
Looking forward to some baby pics.
I'm no expert but I find feeding at the same time each day,
whether it's twice or once a day works really well.
Not sure about feeding carrots to leopards but as I said I'm no expert.
I feed a lot of weeds, spring mix, hibiscus leaves, grape leaves, Mizuri occ.,
Zoo meds grassland occ., and hay to my older lady.

Now using snap peas which they seem to like. Growing mustard and spinach which is sprouting already. I also have grape leaves to try. They are walking around again. Will try to get pic`s ASAP

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Pictures! We NEED pictures!

reptylefreek

5 Year Member
Seatac, Washington
I also believe peas should be a very occasioal treat. Pea i beleive is a legume which isn't too healthy for weed and hay eaters like a Leopard. My baby leopard loves to be sprayed down often. I take a water bottle and spray her down till she's dripping wet. Congrats on your baby! Cant wait to see pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.