Is seeing a turtle stuck and struggling to get loose a cute picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

freddy10

These is a continue tread from An escape Artist Tread!

freddy10 said:

Please look at the other tread and tell me what you think? The other thread was getting over heated so I was advicsed to move it to here! Please tell me your thoughts!!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
yes it was, the turtle was in no danger.

ripper7777777

10 Year Member!
Houston
Agreed, but I think humorous is a better term if we are gonna actually go this far with it.

The turtle was caught in the act, was safe and returned home. Not much more to say.

F

freddy10

freddy10 said:

freddy10 said:

Please look at the other tread and tell me what you think? The other thread was getting over heated so I was advicsed to move it to here! Please tell me your thoughts!!

You can see the pictures on Emysemys thread about her water turtle that she took in after it had gotten hit by a car,and put into her pond and it end up out of the pond and was hanging on her plastic lattice which had a plastic sheet that could had kill it if the plastic had not been ripped it could suffocated or heat stroke and was in pain while she left it hanging so she can take what she called a " A Cute Picture" nothing about those pictures is cute! take a look for your self, I think she
was being selfish for leaving it there while she went to go grab her camera instead of hurrying up to get it in stuck and was in pain.

B

byerssusan

Well my thought on this is when I first saw the pictures I thought it was cute. My instant thought that is. But then I thought wow..how long had this turtle been stuck there struggling ..And if it was in pain or not.You cannot tell by a picture if it's in pain or not.It was said the turtle was really stuck. Meaning the poor little thing had been struggling to get loose. If you read the other thread you can see what I said about it. But the turtle was put back in it's proper place..which is great and that a new board had been put up in hopes of keeping the turtle where it is suppose to be. My main concern on the matter was if you are going to own a certain type of turtle or tortoise that you should have the proper enclosure for that species. Keeping it safe and secure. Knowing that a certain breed is an escape artist would prompt myself into making sure without a doubt that the enclosure I was putting it in would be escape free/ Especially considering their were large tortoises that could have laid on top the little guy/gal and crushed it. That was my concern. About the plastic..there are alot of people who use it for green houses etc. I see no problems with it..with the exception I would have put it up differently. Knowing I had escape artists that might find their way too it. They can suffocate if caught in the wrong position. Thats what I thought about it. I know accidents happen..and hopefully we learn from our mistakes. So thats it for me I guess.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
I didn't see any evidence of pain.

F

freddy10

ripper7777777 said:
Agreed, but I think humorous is a better term if we are gonna actually go this far with it.

The turtle was caught in the act, was safe and returned home. Not much more to say.

No it was not!! She did not say that! she said she woke up to this morning am and open the yellowfoots winter house door and found her water turtle stuck on the plastic lattice it could ave been stuck there all night!! Read her post page one there buddy!' I had ask her how long was it there and she did not know got you on this one!!!

B

byerssusan

Well when your tort is constipated..hungry ..thirsty..can you see it just by looking at a pic? No ma'am you cant.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Just to clarify...water turtles usually don't come out of the water at night. When I closed that door the evening before there was no turtle in the lattice. So he had only been there from sun-up (or as long as it took him to warm up after a cold night) 'til about 8am when I opened the door.

F

freddy10

Way to go Byersusan!! No the tort was in no pain lol some people just don't understand a tort can't talk to let you know, but DMMJ know he or she can tell by the picture ha ha lol your funny!!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
OMGOOOOSSSSSHHHHHH!! Seriously you started another thread on this obviously personal attack in Yvonne.....freddy 10 and byerssusan whatever your problem is with Yvonne give it a rest...the two of you have now completely come in tied for the biggest idiot award here on this forum....oh, IMHO that is....WOW...."WINNERS".... peace out

ripper7777777

10 Year Member!
Houston
Well I don't know what to say, a turtle escaped from what was thought escape proof, got caught in a fence, was found unharmed and returned, I'm still not seeing what the big deal is or even what the point of this thread is.

Is there a goal here or are we (You 2) just on a "witch hunt".

F

freddy10

emysemys said:
Just to clarify...water turtles usually don't come out of the water at night. When I closed that door the evening before there was no turtle in the lattice. So he had only been there from sun-up (or as long as it took him to warm up after a cold night) 'til about 8am when I opened the door.

No your wrong again it could had been there since let's say 7pm yesterday night you don't know you did not watch it every min of the day did you? No sorry and then let him hang there so you can take a Cute Picture you must have a proud of self? Letting hang there in plastic lattice and the sad part you are a moderator! And take in a turtle that got hit by a car and his now better according to you we don't know and now you let it stay stuck so you can take a picture!!! Sad Sad

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
Feel free to discuss and debate this to your hearts content, but please keep a civil tone, when talking about other members.

F

freddy10

ascott said:
OMGOOOOSSSSSHHHHHH!! Seriously you started another thread on this obviously personal attack in Yvonne.....freddy 10 and byerssusan whatever your problem is with Yvonne give it a rest...the two of you have now completely come in tied for the biggest idiot award here on this forum....oh, IMHO that is....WOW...."WINNERS".... peace out

Just stay off this thread,your two cent is not needed here and your and Bigger Idiot for even trying to say something when you don't even know what's going on

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
Emysemys

I feel so bad that you have been treated so disrespectfully, its very disappointing and that kind of inexcusable attitude and rudeness turns me off- whatever their intentions.
Thanks for taking it all so well-It really shows your integrity!!

Always will appreciate your contributions and honesty on this forum!!:)

F

freddy10

ripper7777777 said:
Well I don't know what to say, a turtle escaped from what was thought escape proof, got caught in a fence, was found unharmed and returned, I'm still not seeing what the big deal is or even what the point of this thread is.

Is there a goal here or are we (You 2) just on a "witch hunt".

Just stay off this topic go back to the other thread you was on which was what Can we all calm down thread or what ever it's called! You don't have any knowledge about this topic like I dad before!!!

B

byerssusan

ascott said:

Wow..now I am an idiot? Hmm if were not for those of you..YOU..jumping in ..in between what Yvonne is saying maybe she could teach me a bit. But with outbursts like this it is making it impossible for me to learn anything.

Anyway wheres my reward? LOL You know being the winner and all LOL *G*

F

freddy10

Then why are you on here Ripper7777777777777777 you don't understand it's over your head!! That's if you even have one!!! Lol

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
No more name calling by anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.