Is seeing a turtle stuck and struggling to get loose a cute picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Freddy is no longer a member of this forum, so anything posted to him will not be seen by him.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
THANK YOU Jacqui!!!!!!!! Not that I care what he reads, but....I can stand seeing him attack other on here.

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
Well i have been a good boy and ignored this thread whilst he (it) was here,
He's soo perfect. k
Now he is gone i can have my say.
I did not reply before to get involved.......For once i kept myself to myself! :p
He is pathetic a Lowlife.
He is jealous of what you (yvonne) has built up,
he wont be able to do that with a pack of scientists...
If i saw tiago like that i would take a picture for sure :)
I carry my camera around whenever im with tiago anyway because he makes me giggle..
I wish he was still on this forum so i could show him what i really thought ...but...heyy...
He's Gone! :p

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, how 'bout we make something good happen here on this thread. the original question makes for a pretty good debate. Let's hear some pro's and con's. If you see a turtle/tortoise in trouble, should you take the time to get a picture? Why? or why not?

I'll go first:

If the turtle/tortoise isn't in too much distress, or in danger of being injured, I think its a good idea to post a picture of it as a learning tool for what they try to get away with.

By the same token, if the turtle/tortoise looks to be pretty stressed out or in danger of being hurt, no...don't take the time to get the camera, rescue the turtle.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
emysemys said:
Well, how 'bout we make something good happen here on this thread. the original question makes for a pretty good debate. Let's hear some pro's and con's. If you see a turtle/tortoise in trouble, should you take the time to get a picture? Why? or why not?

Depends on what type of trouble the tortoise/turtle is in. In the case that brought about this topic, I would say there was no urgent need to "rescue" the turtle. A 2 ft drop is not going to any type of permanent damage (admittedly, this has happened to mine...uh...several times...so I know there is no real threat of damage if the turtle falls from that height). If the turtle was significantly higher, or dangling by one of its limbs...I would have hoped someone would have rescued it before taking a picture.

Of course Yvonne, there is no disputing your level of knowledge and commitment to care, so I trust your judgement and don't think you did any wrong.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Now what kind of debate is that? I don't want and wasn't looking for pats on the back (but much appreciated anyway :p ) but come on...let's debate the subject.

Or maybe Freddy10 was wrong all the way around and there IS no debate?

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
emysemys said:
Or maybe Freddy10 was wrong all the way around and there IS no debate?

Hit the nail on the head. Better not to feed the troll even after they're gone.

M

Maggie Cummings

I am just so sorry I missed that whole thing as I am stunned that someone would not know that my sister has totally dedicated her life to the care and feeding of turtles and tortoises. She knows how to care for them and would never run in the house to get her camera if the animal was in pain. But having had the experience myself I can personally say that is does not hurt to get stuck in plastic lattice..and I just wanted to say thank you to those who stuck up for her so nicely. I appreciate that.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Agree 100% no debate.....:D

HOLD THE PHONE! !!! Maggie now you just stated you know first hand that getting stuck in a plastic lattice fence does not hurt......uh, spill the story please :D:D.

ripper7777777

10 Year Member!
Houston
No debate, I think everyone would have done the same and would drop everything to rescue a turtle in harm.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
I don't think it's a debatable topic.. Everyone knows you would not have put any animal in harms way..

To me this whole thread was a guise ..In a failed attempt to discredit you..by both bryersusan and her boyfriend Franky...

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
If one of my tortoises or turtles got themselves stuck somewhere and if I had my camera (normally my cell phone) and they were not in distress, I would not hesitate to take a photo. If they were in distress I wouldn't take the pic, I would help them. I have pictures of mine stuck in places or when the flipped themselves upside down but they were not in distress when I snapped the picture and I thought it was important to document it. When members show those photo's on the forum, they get advise on how to insure it doesn't keep happening and what should be changed in there enclosures....

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Gosh, ours get stuck aswell, now i am leary of posting any further pictures!

167o2sx.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.