Is she sick or depressed. Help

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
Franklina is looking better. Came out early to lay in the sun. Her head is not twitching today. We did give her another soak yesterday and it seems to perk her up. I haven’t seen her eating yet which concerns me a bit and I don’t think she has pooped. She did pee in the tub and a very small poop 3 days ago. How often do I soak her at this point? Should I be trying to get her to eat something other then her normal grass and weeds she eats from our yard?
Just my opinion, I'm no expert, but kinda normally she can't poop if she is not eating food that would turn into poop in her intestines. I'd shred up iceberg lettuce and carrots, add dandelions give her a nice really warm soak, then immediately put her in front of the food. She needs a heated night house, be it as Tom suggests, or a tort shed like I have. In the winter tortoises are shut in here, and all my cactus are in here under the UBV lighting. Her insides need to be at 85 or higher, or their food can't digest, so they don't eat. Something else that I do is to cook some kind of squash and feed that. Just offer her something she really likes good for her or not, she just needs to start eating and she needs to be warmer and safer at night.
My tort shed
100_5658.JPG

Franklina

Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Where is the tortoise sleeping?
When is it 80 degrees? During the heat of the day, or at night?
It is 80 degrees at night right now, very humid and high 80’s low 90’s in the morning. We are working on a new house this weekend as she abandoned her home she built.