Is this a death bowl?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I put my new death bowl which is a rectangle instead of a bowl on my balcony. But it doesn't get too hot cause there is a roof on the balcony
They are able to bask though

They problem here is that the entire little enclosure is in the sun. This could over heat it, or them. They need an area to bask and get warm, indoors or out, and they need an area to get away from the heat indoors or out.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
They are temporary turtle tanks

I don't think they are suitable for more than a day or two, while you get something bigger with a proper temperature gradient sorted out.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I can't get anything bigger until December. (Sad face)

That is very sad for these turtles who are depending on you to care for them properly. I don't know what your reason are, but if its money, the solution does not have to cost a lot. Any large plastic tub with a few blocks or bricks stack inside can be made to work. A large tub only costs a few dollars here, I'm sure it is similar over there. You can probably find some old bricks and rinse and soak them to clean them up well. A het lamp and bulb only cost around $20...

Being in a tropical country is good for over all warmth, but they still need a thermal gradient every where in the world.

Having the room lights on does not help them. They need their own basking lamp that is close enough for them to feel the warmth. Temperature directly under their basking lamp should be around 35-37 C, and then fade to room temperature as they move away from the lamp or into the water.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
26 degrees is fine for an ambient and night temp, but they still need a warmer area to bask and dry out in.

JT23

Kowloon, Hong Kong
The room light are not for warmth they are my living room lights
Actually it is because of space.
I live in Hong Kong.
Is it twenty American dollars

JT23

Kowloon, Hong Kong
26 degrees is outside temp.I bring them indoors at night cause I am scared a bird would carry them away and eat them

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You can't really buy bricks here.And where I live is rented

JT, come on. I've been all over the world and there are bricks, blocks and flat rocks everywhere. You can find something if you want to.

I'm not on this forum to tell people what they want to hear. I am here to try and help people, like you, understand what your animals need, so that they will be healthy and thrive for you.

If you are unwilling or unable to give these turtles proper care, then my best suggestion would be to give them to someone who can and will. All they need is a large tub of water with somewhere to haul out and bask with a heat lamp. It really can't get any easier than that. I've explained what they need. Its up to you to do it, or not.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Res grow really fast, I always say get as big as a tank as out can afford cuz the res will out grow it.

Kyle