Is this all clover?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Saratoga County, New York
I know the leaves with the small white flowers is clover, I do have similar looking weeds growing. The green leaves look the same, there are no flowers though. Then I also have similar ones growing with purple flowers. Is this all clover?

19250ccb.jpg

7a808a04.jpg

edd61f1e.jpg

82f8bcc0.jpg

Tank loves to eat the white flowered ones, is there a thing as too much clover?

Thanks!

Laurie

5 Year Member
Thanks! I thought so, just wanted to double check :) I spend so much time walking around my yard now, looking for weeds....

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
It's silly isn't it. I got excited this morning when I realised that clover has finally set in a patch of lawn we had to returf last year! :D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
The one with the purple flowers is what is grown for hay. :D Nice to have both in your yard. I think clover blooms are pretty, no matter which variety you have. Now all ya need is a bunny in the clover patch. :p :D Sorry, that is just always the first thing I think of, when I see clover. :D

Laurie

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
The one with the purple flowers is what is grown for hay. :D Nice to have both in your yard. I think clover blooms are pretty, no matter which variety you have. Now all ya need is a bunny in the clover patch. :p :D Sorry, that is just always the first thing I think of, when I see clover. :D

I was talking to my husband the other day about another tortoise, he said we already have 9 pets! Four cats, three torts, one beardie, and one fish....lol. A bunny will be out of the question :rolleyes: He's a softie about the torts though, likes them just as much as me :)

JoesMum said:
It's silly isn't it. I got excited this morning when I realised that clover has finally set in a patch of lawn we had to returf last year! :D

Haha, yes I love when I can find them some food!

Laurie

5 Year Member
GBtortoises said:
"A bunny will be out of the question"

Hmmm.... We have a sweetheart of a rabbit (dwarf) that needs a new, loving home. Bring a box! LOL

Don't tempt me! Besides, if I bring a box, I'm going to want more than a bunny ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.