IS THIS BLUE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Amish Country
I am always taking pictures in order to see details clearly, and I've been watching this one. Eventhough I don't have any adults with blue, this yearling seems to have some blue on it's face. It could very well change into something else, but for now, looks blue to me.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
you have some very pretty box turtles. Looks blue to me! Hope it stays that way.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
Thanks, You know they change so much, color wise, it's difficult to predict what you end up with. We shall see.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
It would be interesting to see if he keeps that color.

I've had a few leopard hatchlings hatch out with completely blue heads, but it only lasts for a few weeks.

EricIvins

5 Year Member
The blue that is seen in Easterns and Gulf Coasts is age related. I have seen many animals hatched out of blue pairings, and so far none have hatched or displayed any blue up to this point. Some of those animals are now 5 or 6 years in age....

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
Thanks, I have only seen adult males with it.
EricIvins said:
The blue that is seen in Easterns and Gulf Coasts is age related. I have seen many animals hatched out of blue pairings, and so far none have hatched or displayed any blue up to this point. Some of those animals are now 5 or 6 years in age....

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Beautiful! Hope it stays blue. I've noticed with some Eastern's that whatever color they start out with, the color only gets more vivid as they get older, especially if kept outside.

txturtle13

5 Year Member
You have the prettiest box turtles. I hate to sound partial... But the coloring is just gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies.