Is this normal?

ZenHerper

Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
Have they been eating regularly for you now?

'Cause that looks like this one's growing!

Crush da Baum

Brooksville
Have they been eating regularly for you now?

'Cause that looks like this one's growing!

Yes! They have been eating their zoo med grassland tortoise food some Timothy hay and then baby arugula, romaine whatever I can get my hands on currently. I bought some indoor planters, potting soil, and some broadleaf tortoises seeds. Once the sprouts start growing big enough I’ll try to only feed them to my torts. Maybe some Timothy hay and their zoomed grassland tortoise food to add some more variety!

ZenHerper

New Jersey
Yes! They have been eating their zoo med grassland tortoise food some Timothy hay and then baby arugula, romaine whatever I can get my hands on currently. I bought some indoor planters, potting soil, and some broadleaf tortoises seeds. Once the sprouts start growing big enough I’ll try to only feed them to my torts. Maybe some Timothy hay and their zoomed grassland tortoise food to add some more variety!

Yay!

You've been busy! lol Great job.

Drop out the Timothy Hay...it will only take up room in their stomachs since Russians don't have the strong digestive power that giant torts have (Sulcata, for ex.). Your wee ones won't be able to extract any nutrition, and it may pull their good foods out whole.

Keep up the soaks and monitor their humidity so that these new growth rings don't harden too quickly/unevenly.

Crush da Baum

Brooksville
Yay!

You've been busy! lol Great job.

Drop out the Timothy Hay...it will only take up room in their stomachs since Russians don't have the strong digestive power that giant torts have (Sulcata, for ex.). Your wee ones won't be able to extract any nutrition, and it may pull their good foods out whole.

Keep up the soaks and monitor their humidity so that these new growth rings don't harden too quickly/unevenly.
Thanks I will take Timothy hay out then