Is this ok to feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodsmeagol

5 Year Member
I work in a restaurant...
I have access to fresh Wild Grazia, is this type of lettuce safe?
Also my Chef had ordered a large amount of Chervil (Anthriscus cerefolium), and I am wondering if I can feed this to my RT?

I found
Anthriscus sylvestris - Cow Parsley
In the russiantortoise.net edible list, its close... But close enough to be safe?

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington
Google told me that Wild Grazia is rocket/arugula. This type of lettuce is great as part of a varied diet. My tort loves it. I get mine at Trader Joes. I prefer to feed my tort organic but that is your choice to make. I would not feed any type of parsley to my tort. Not very good calcium to phosphorus ratio and more of an herb than a green. Better food choices out there. Small amounts as a treat if the tort liked it (I have heard of torts not liking it) would not harm the tort though as it is edible. I just choose to only feed the "best" foods.

goodsmeagol

5 Year Member
tortoisenerd said:
Google told me that Wild Grazia is rocket/arugula. This type of lettuce is great as part of a varied diet. My tort loves it. I get mine at Trader Joes. I prefer to feed my tort organic but that is your choice to make. I would not feed any type of parsley to my tort. Not very good calcium to phosphorus ratio and more of an herb than a green. Better food choices out there. Small amounts as a treat if the tort liked it (I have heard of torts not liking it) would not harm the tort though as it is edible. I just choose to only feed the "best" foods.

Yes the Chevril is a herb, we had a large organic dinner that was canceled last minute, so I was offered a bunch because he knows I got veg animals...
I took home one small package, so maybe I will 'treat' him with some, but I have a fridge full of other good stuff! So...
Thanks about the Grazia, I will get some.

Status
Not open for further replies.