Is this shell rot?

John Franzwa

Hello, I have recently noticed these tiny hole things on my torts shell.ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1468207702.783772.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1468207713.734277.jpg
Thanks!

Blakem

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
California
It looks like chipping from walking around. Maybe hitting his shell on rocks

Pearly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas, Austin area
Ok thanks I'm using the anti fungal cream now and will soon get betadine for cleaning the shell!
Just keep using the untifungal. No betadine. Unless the area gets bigger. I'v never dealt with shell rot but know that it's from the plaston touching wet substrate for too long so be sure your substrate is not wet. Betadine just kills everything (germs) and will halt the new tissue growth. It's recommended to scrub the area with it as soon as discovered to cut off the spread of fungus. If you're already using the cream just stick with it and be sure to fix the substrate issue

John Franzwa

Just keep using the untifungal. No betadine. Unless the area gets bigger. I'v never dealt with shell rot but know that it's from the plaston touching wet substrate for too long so be sure your substrate is not wet. Betadine just kills everything (germs) and will halt the new tissue growth. It's recommended to scrub the area with it as soon as discovered to cut off the spread of fungus. If you're already using the cream just stick with it and be sure to fix the substrate issue

Ok thanks could it be because I bathe/soak her every week, thanks so much