Is this shell rot

Bluegecko

Location (City and/or State)
Oman
The vet said she has an infection and she got 2 antibiotic injections but he didn’t tell which infection she had
He’s just a normal vet not reptile one and he doesn’t look very experienced with tortoises
Anyway she has 2 more injections due today should I take her I’m worried about stopping the injections when they could be life saving
She hasn’t been eating or moving for 2 weeks he also said she has trouble breathing
I noticed this white dot in the right bottom
Is that shell rot?

I didn’t tell more details because I have like 2 posts here with no replies people reply but when I respond they stop responding back :( so I had to make new one as I’m now so concerned I hate to see the little girl suffer please help if you have any knowledge on that

Attachments

• 01787B6E-E45B-421E-9234-0F00AB68FCBD.jpeg
    01787B6E-E45B-421E-9234-0F00AB68FCBD.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 18

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Btw, your other thread has been answered. Follow the suggestion given there. I dont think I am seeing the spot you are concerned about.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
I don't see anything that looks like shell rot. HOwever, quite a bit of the plastron has a pinkish color coming through which indicates sepsis. That, unfortunately is not a good sign at all. Antibiotics are definitely needed. Hopefully the vet you are seeing is using a correct antibiotic for this infection.