is using a glue gun safe?

Loohan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
North-Central Arkansas
Gun glue does not hold well under stress, i know that much. Silicone sticks and holds vastly better.

JaySparks

5 Year Member
London
Gun glue does not hold well under stress, i know that much. Silicone sticks and holds vastly better.
i bought glue sticks for ceramic and I'm just worried about the glue being toxic. if not what silicone would you recommend.

RobertFlak

5 Year Member
Spokane Washington
i bought glue sticks for ceramic and I'm just worried about the glue being toxic. if not what silicone would you recommend.

this stuff is most certainly toxic but it is so tough when dry I doubt anything but a sulcata could bite a chunk out of it.

81Zi2iEAVEL._SY606_.jpg

JaySparks

5 Year Member
London
this stuff is most certainly toxic but it is so tough when dry I doubt anything but a sulcata could bite a chunk out of it.

81Zi2iEAVEL._SY606_.jpg
the way I'm gluing stuff will be careful I wont leave bits to dry out if it did happened I will file it down. Eating it is not what worries me but the fumes will it release any once it completely dries what about when its heated due to the MVB? I'm referring to the glue gun btw and i'll check if they sell this stuff in the uk

RobertFlak

5 Year Member
Spokane Washington
the way I'm gluing stuff will be careful I wont leave bits to dry out if it did happened I will file it down. Eating it is not what worries me but the fumes will it release any once it completely dries what about when its heated due to the MVB? I'm referring to the glue gun btw and i'll check if they sell this stuff in the uk
maybe this then - is says it has a 260C temp rating so it would probably not be effected much by MVP heat.
8265-S_J-B_Weld-USA_grande_5f045738-0350-44e1-8938-c67ac12c1dcf.jpg

Loohan

5 Year Member
North-Central Arkansas
The caulk-gun type of 100% silicone exudes acetic acid (same as vinegar) until cured. I think it's pretty safe but not the best thing for ceramic.

I love this stuff:
http://hardwareonlinestore.com/images/stories/virtuemart/product/318852.jpg
Loctite Stik'n Seal
Supposedly non-toxic acrylic glue. No noticeable fumes.
I once glued a broken handle on a very heavy ceramic cup with it and it held fine.
Home Depot used to carry it in my area but stopped because it's not toxic enough, i guess. I ordered some online then.

JaySparks

5 Year Member
London
The caulk-gun type of 100% silicone exudes acetic acid (same as vinegar) until cured. I think it's pretty safe but not the best thing for ceramic.

I love this stuff:
Loctite Stik'n Seal
I once glued a broken handle on a very heavy ceramic cup with it and it held fine.
Home Depot used to carry it in my area but stopped because it's not toxic enough, i guess. I ordered some online then.
im using a loctiet glue gun as we speak lol i have some bathroom silicone will that be harmful?

JaySparks

5 Year Member
London

I love this stuff:
Loctite Stik'n Seal

I ended up using this and it worked :D https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00175F4ZS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

xirxes

That is just pure silicon. Super marked up for Tiny amount. Just get 100% silicone in future.

Also this stuff will never harden completely. You need a polyurethane or an adhesive for that.