Is weight OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I found out my Redfoot named Rosie has to be renamed. Guess it is now Roger! (My 5 yr old graddaughter's choice). Took a fecal to the non-exotics vet yesterday. I can do a fecal myself. He had a low count of pinworms so am dosing with Panacur. I have seen him poop in his water THEN take a drink before I can get to it to change it. So I am sure he has done it other times. I weighed him...942 grams. He is 7". Not sure how old he was when I got him about 6 years ago. He has 14 rings. Does that indicate his age? Is that a good weight for him? He has a great appetite and loves attention.
Patsy
Sorry...should say Is weight OK!!

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
RE: I weight OK?

My big girl is 7 3/8inches and is over 1300 grams... so I'm thinking he might be a bit on the light side?? But maybe not!

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
RE: I weight OK?

K9KidsLove said:
I found out my Redfoot named Rosie has to be renamed. Guess it is now Roger! (My 5 yr old graddaughter's choice). Took a fecal to the non-exotics vet yesterday. I can do a fecal myself. He had a low count of pinworms so am dosing with Panacur. I have seen him poop in his water THEN take a drink before I can get to it to change it. So I am sure he has done it other times. I weighed him...942 grams. He is 7". Not sure how old he was when I got him about 6 years ago. He has 14 rings. Does that indicate his age? Is that a good weight for him? He has a great appetite and loves attention.
Patsy
Sorry...should say Is weight OK!!

Can we see a pic of the anal area please? Who sexed 'him' for you? "Rings" mean absolutely nothing.

Terry

ArkansasKelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
NW Arkansas
Just for the grins of it, I weighed my 7" redfoot today and she weighed 1106 grams. My 6" weighed in at 852 grams. And my 5" weighed in at 656 grams. I do not think you have too much to worry about as long as "he" is eating and drinking well. Weights vary all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.