Just saying Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tilly_Tortoise

5 Year Member
My little girl (Tilly) is 8 and we gave her a new home as a friend could no longer look after her! She has a great character and so mischievous. She loves our pet dog lily as you can see from the photo. She has definitely brightened up our lives and my daughter loves her to bits!! Im now even having the garden dug up and a new lawn put down so I can set up an enclosure for her when its sunny. Should have got a tortoise years ago as they are just brilliant! !!!

Attachments

• 1365184231793.jpg
    1365184231793.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 81

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
The tortoise is attracted to the dog because of the dog's body heat. Be careful that the dog is not attracted to tortoise for a chew toy! Dogs are notorious for chewing on tortoises! There are several posts of that very thing happening here on TFO and it rarely ends well for the tortoise.

Minority1

5 Year Member
GBtortoises said:
The tortoise is attracted to the dog because of the dog's body heat. Be careful that the dog is not attracted to tortoise for a chew toy! Dogs are notorious for chewing on tortoises! There are several posts of that very thing happening here on TFO and it rarely ends well for the tortoise.

yes I agree. Playtime should be supervised.

jamiescorer

5 Year Member
Hi, yeah they are great animals, hope you enjoy the forum and learn loads as I have.

Tilly_Tortoise

5 Year Member
Thanks for the comment!....playtime is always supervised and we are lucky that our dog has a really good temperament.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
West Bloomfield MI
My marginated is the sweetest little monkey. When I am in the kitchen he will run up on his hide and paw at the glass so I can come pet his head... or give him a snack. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.