Kamp Kenan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cayleh

Location (City and/or State)
Sorrento, Fl
So, my husband and I have been fans of Kamp Kenan for a while now. So when we were in Daytona and saw that he was selling tortoises, we were excited to be able to get babies from him. Initially when we got them, they looked good and we were very happy. When we got home, got them soaking, and gave them some food, we noticed yellow bumps. I immediately freaked out because between the bumps, peeling skin, missing claws, I knew what it was. Both babies were infected with Austwickia. We did let him know there was an issue, and he apologized stating he didn't know they were sick. I fully believe he didn't know, only because he has such a large number of babies, it is impossible to know that every one of them is healthy. He did refund us our money, which I respect. However we have basically since been ghosted, despite being told he wanted updates on the babies. He stated he would "look into it" and claimed he pulled his babies from being sold this year, however I have no way to know if this is true or not because he only sells through e mail and does not post about them. However, what upsets me is he has such a huge following, that one, he could have easily warned people who bought sick animals at Daytona, and two, he could have used it to educate. We bought the babies on Saturday, and as of Tuesday had to euthanize one of them, and the other we are attempting to treat while he still has fight in him, but know that ultimately he will very likely end up having to be euthanized as well. I am incredibly upset that not only are we out all this money for having to put one baby to sleep, but out all this money for a course of antibiotics that can last more than a year IF he survives that long, with no guarantee to even work. We are also upset that all of this happened from someone who we respected and admired so heavily.
I still have hope that he will do the right thing, warn customers, and teach about Austwickia. But who knows. I do know that he is not someone I will shop from again nor support by watching videos if he doesn't speak up and do the right thing. Overall disappointed and saddened by the loss of our brand new baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.