Kiwi, Maui and the Hollyhock

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Utah
The hollyhock bloomed again. Not sure why, but it died down when it was hot and now that things are cooling down its grown back a bit. There're even new leaves coming out.

Anyhow, the torts were both very excited to be eating this fall season's fresh growth.

I thought the colors looked nice in this picture. Kiwi wasn't feeling much like posing though...
Tortsfeeding012.jpg

The red on her head has been fading since spring. It's turned into a nice yellow with orange on the sides, but the orange may still fade. Sadly, these pictures don't really pull the colors out well.
Tortsfeeding011.jpg

Here's Maui, ready to pounce on her prey!!!!
Tortsfeeding022.jpg

Tortsfeeding037.jpg

Tortsfeeding035.jpg

Tortsfeeding032.jpg

I love her little legs. She was just shoving herself into her moss pile and stretching her little toothpick legs as far as they could go.
Tortsfeeding044.jpg

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I love their names, and that last picture is precious. She looks like she has little red shoes on.

froghaven5

5 Year Member
New Jersey
What great pics. They look really happy with their treat :) Thanks for sharing.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Kiwi looks very beautiful eating her bloom. Nice seeing some tortoises who like hollyhocks. I think mine know I have an abundance of them, so they all turn up their noses at them. Nice pictures! :)

Shelli

5 Year Member
Antigua West Indies
Cute babies!!

I LOVE tortoise legs.. OMG my heart melts when I see Jaba stretching her little back legs like that.....

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
Yep. Only Kiwi likes the flowers (one of her favorites actually) but even Maui will take a few bites at times. I've been feeding them all summer without any problems.

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.